Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Cool this morning, but warming up. Was able to work with our horses a bit yesterday. I am teaching Richie to hug and to smile. Farrier was supposed to come yesterday but one of goats decided to kid a couple of days early, we'll see if we can't squeeze it in this afternoon. I'm pretty sure she had other goats that weren't going to wait for their due dates this weekend too. Oh well, none of the horses are hurting and they'll keep until she gets a break.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, going for my second cup. How do you teach a horse to smile? There was a show called Mr. Ed when I was a kid, Mr. Ed was a talking Palomino horse. Couldn't see just how pretty, because it was in black and white. LOL I found out later how they made him move his lips. He always wore a nice leather halter, they ran fishing line filament through the halter, under his lips and back through the halter. When the trainer pulled the fishing line, it tickled and Mr. Ed wiggled his lips.

We got heavy thunderstorms last night, dunno how mush rain we got. Rain gauge said 1/2" but my wagon was half full, so I don't think so. I'm sure freezing rain and being packed with snow in below zero temperatures just might have cracked it. Going to get a new one.