Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks Bay! Sounds like a full day, moving a sawmill. A quiet day, school, speech, feed run. No meetings. Woke up with a sinus headache, got to love spring allergies. Rain is predicted tomorrow, of course. But that may mean we'll work in the house, though we need to get the plowed areas prepped for planting more hay seed. Oh and lawns are going to need mowed soon. Tomorrow someone may come see the pony... now I'm wondering if I didn't give him enough time after his adjustment. :hide He does seem to have bonded well with my daughter...I may drive myself crazy over this. Need to go check does, had 4 due...nothing as of yesterday. I wonder if our MR buck is shooting blanks.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan ... Oh, no! Snow isn't my favorite in winter but, this is Spring!!! Snow needs to be gone. It's garden time and you can barely see your fence, surely not the ground. 🤔

It is warm here, overcast with scattered showers -- especially late day. Fence still rolled up. I'm finishing some work until this clears out. Looks like you guys in TX and all along coast to FL have another big weather event ... probably coming here. You know, not everything needs to be shared!

This will be a "so-so" day. 😁

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well morning all. Dh just left for work wont be back till six the kids are still sleeping one sounds like he might be waking up. Inside and outside chores today. Was given to large ducklings yesterday. A friend's husband bought them and they decide after two weeks chickens where the only fowl they wanted lol. I was a dumdum the other day dh, the kids and I went shopping and apparently i left my keys at the store.. so i have to go pick them up. Also need to get hay now that the animals are staying in the paddocks. Hoping we can finish the coop this weekend and plant. The kids need to do school, my list if chores seems to extend more then i care to admit. About to go milk and pasturize some milk this morning the come back in and cook. Gonna finish my hot tea first.

Attachments

• 20210408_120025.jpg
    20210408_120025.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 75

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Got to get feed, maybe tattoo bunnies, go to the farm after dh is finished working. No new kits..:idunno wondering about our buck.... just our luck if he has issues. I guess we at least have two does out of him. I have left the breeding up to DS this year. Idk. He rebred two does yesterday but kits won't be old enough for the fair. DD has plenty to choose from. The two NZ does have been nesting but not due for another 10-14 days.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Storms went through, most heavy sections passed close but not on my farm. This morning it's upper 50s and foggy. Lifting now -- was very heavy. May hit 80 today....wow! Rain again tonight.

There's a goat auction today. May go. Will sit on my hands....I don't want to buy, just visit! Still uncertain on going. 🙄 Maybe look and leave? Yeah, right! :fl. More than goats get sold....before animals it's like a yard sale with some good "stuff" like feeders, fence, equipment, etc. I've gotten some good things with that part. Often building materials...new.

Ok, probably will go :old😁 Will be fun!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, it's good this morning. I slept like a rock, guess I was tired. Getting that sawmill loaded up was tricky, but we got 'er done. My job was to run the come along LOL. It's still on the trailer, Robert is coming over this morning to put new battery cable clamps on the mule and then load up a bunch of heavy flat blocks to set the sawmill on. We scrounged the blocks several years ago when we saw a building being torn down. BJ had just had shoulder replacement surgery and couldn't lift, the two men doing the demo work couldn't just stand by and watch me struggle with those heavy blocks, so they loaded up every one of them for us.

A neighbor, Russell is coming Sunday to take down a lightening struck pine for us, then he's going over to Robert's to help take the saw mill off the trailer with his big cab tractor. Today Robert has to place the concrete blocks, 3"x16"x16" and take down some branches that will be in the way. I'm excited over this sawmill!

Robert brought his tiller over, we'll get on the garden in the next few days. Need to make a run to TSC for pine shavings for the CCX chicks on the porch, ran out, they stink, but had things to do yesterday. LOL Ya'll have a great day!

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. Time for another pot of coffee. Did a half day working cattle yesterday. Then burned off a pasture. That made about 1060 steers for the week.
the two men doing the demo work couldn't just stand by and watch me struggle with those heavy blocks, so they loaded up every one of them for us.
That was nice of them. Is the sawmill one of the portable ones Like I see in the Mother Earth News and Grit Magazines? I'd like to see one of them in action.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning y'all, think I'll pass on the coffee this morning. Was supposed to be bringing chickens to a show today, but got sick before bed last night, and a few times throughout the night. Really bummed to be missing it, my birds were crated, the car was packed and everything.
Bummer P_D. Hope you get to feeling better today. It is irritating to get completely ready for something then not be able to go.:hugs Get well hugs sent.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Storms went through, most heavy sections passed close but not on my farm. This morning it's upper 50s and foggy. Lifting now -- was very heavy. May hit 80 today....wow! Rain again tonight.

There's a goat auction today. May go. Will sit on my hands....I don't want to buy, just visit! Still uncertain on going. 🙄 Maybe look and leave? Yeah, right! :fl. More than goats get sold....before animals it's like a yard sale with some good "stuff" like feeders, fence, equipment, etc. I've gotten some good things with that part. Often building materials...new.

Ok, probably will go :old😁 Will be fun!
Can't wait to hear what you come home with!