Coffee anyone ?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey, do any of you have a mudroom type entrance to your house? What size is it and do you like the size?

Hubby is wanting to add a mudroom/entryway that would be the new front entrance to the house and I'm trying to figure out dimensions that would work. It would feed into the kitchen/eating area. Right now the front door enters into the laundry room so we want to change where the entryway is located.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have one accessed through the enclosed porch. Roughly 6.5' x 9'. 3' door to porch on the south east end, opposite the doorway to the hall. 4.5' closet in the NE corner. Space for a bench opposite the closet. We keep a boot tray to the right of the door as you come in from the porch and one on the left going into the house proper.

Seems a useful size for us.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Afternoon all todays a baking day going to make french bread, sandwich bread, hamburger buns, maybe some blueberry muffins already made. i thinking of making some breakfast cakes, cinnamon rolls and maybe some other breakfast items. i have a five gallon bucket full of eggs and still more to collect need to use as much as possible.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey, do any of you have a mudroom type entrance to your house? What size is it and do you like the size?
I wish mine were bigger...

But I store a bunch in there.. I have;
1 full size fridge,

footwear for 7 (not enough for all, I have to rotate summer and winter gear)

Coats for 6 (i store mine in my closet, and we still need more space)

All of the fishing rods, those are on the ceiling.

A bunch of rifles and shotguns,

Snowmachine/ 4-wheeler helmets

2 bows, one compound one long bow

Bunch of feed bags

Bunch of crates with gloves, hats, dog gear, chicken gear, garden gear, etc.

When we added onto the house, a tiny bedroom became the mudporch/entry for the house. Because of that I couldn't change the shape much, but took out the closet and took away one corner that holds an upright freezer for the pantry.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
If the mud room has the washing machine etc then it needs to be at least 10x10. Or as an extra place for a fridge or freezer.... but to me an 8x10 is about minimum because I want room to hang coats, boots on mats, a chair or bench to sit on to put the boots/shoes on and off. If a bench, then storage under seat for hats and gloves or stuff like that.... or an open bench with the boot/shoe storage underneath.
No matter the size, you will always find a reason to want it to be bigger....

I want a mudroom/entry here... nothing except straight into the hallway to main house, back door straight into the kitchen... Thinking about closing in half front porch to have front door open into entry type room... but then there are no other wide enough doors for the furniture to go in and out of house if needed.... back door from open deck direct into kitchen ....make deck a big closed in entry/mudroom/extra storage but it is on the opposite side from the drive way so awkward.

Latest posts