Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have S L O W L Y drank my coffee this morning and had the luxury of not having to get up and going NOW to go anywhere, do anything or anything else on a time schedule. We've been running hard lately and I was ready for a little down time. That's over now, I gotta get dressed, do chores and start building a chicken tractor. At the rate I'm going, we'll be butchering the first batch, thus clearing out the present chicken tractor, before I get the 2 new ones finished, then moving batch #2 into the old chicken tractor. :lol: Poor dirty birdies, batch #2 really needs to get off the porch and hit the dirt for some fine chicken fun time before becoming dinner! LOL It doesn't help that I only have enough 2" 90 degree with side outlet fittings for one chicken tractor and I can't seem to find any more. The Lowes in Tyler says to have some in their online inventory, but I will call first to make sure that they really do have some before we go.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Haha Baymule, I’m over due to build a chicken tractor too; well a duck tractor.
Speaking of ducks, look who hatched this morning!

This one is destined for my friend, but I have two ducks sitting outside so hopefully I’ll get some ducklings from them!

Attachments

• 2189A0BD-2E86-4F45-B4EF-9EEF02983FCA.jpeg
    2189A0BD-2E86-4F45-B4EF-9EEF02983FCA.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 6BDB6B74-C9EC-410C-9F11-E6EAA7C9A2EE.jpeg
    6BDB6B74-C9EC-410C-9F11-E6EAA7C9A2EE.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 62

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good day all. Had a short work day today. Mare was a pain. She needs a break, she needs worked over good. Debating on tuning her up, or unsaddling to give her a break after the last 3wks and working the filly.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did give her the break. It was more of her skin condition than anything that made up my mind. It was a short day. We gathered 1 pasture that was next to the working pens, then put them out in their pasture. She worked harder walking back than she should have doing the whole day 3 times. Just walk :he She was acting like she's been eating nothing but alfalfa for the last month.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I worked on a chicken tractor yesterday, then we went to Lowes in Tyler for particular 2" fittings that I was having a hard time finding and got 1" PVC for the top. A neighbor offered me some PVC pipe and I gladly accepted. There was enough 2" PVC well casing to make 2 chicken tractors, 5'x7'. So for my "free" pipe, I have spent and additional $170 in fittings and pipe for the top with a lift lid on half of it. I have the used tin for the top and already have rolls of hardware cloth for the sides. I'll come out with 2 nice chicken tractors for not a lot of money.

Supposed to be storming this afternoon, evening and tonight. Going to load 5 ram lambs and 1 ewe lamb to take to auction first thing in the morning. That will get them off the feed bill. Winter grass is about gone in their pastures, time to mow and dry lot them so the bermuda can grow.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good Morning Bay and all others. Congrats on finishing the tractors. I looked at getting four 3" PVC 90's the other week. I know they cost more at the little farm store, but $14 a piece.?? Good thing you already had a lot of the materials.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses do you reckon you'll ever get that boy raised? :lol: Maybe someday? Oh well, at least you can get some fence work out of him. Happy fencing!
It's a job!!! I got him raised but, the roads they take aren't always the right ones! :he

Today is fence day -- with or without him.😁 GF says she'll have him here in about an HR and that was 2 hrs ago...:oops::tongue Things are ready, had breakfast, chores done, errands done, finish this cuppa and I'm on it. 😁

Crisp out there this morn. As I hit the truck wipers to clear dew, it was slush. But sun is bright now and I'm hearing mid 60s for today. Perfect for the job. Updates later.