Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning almost all our seeds are sprouting. Thrilled and kinda sad. Long stoey short we looking at getting rid of the live stock and moving to a rent house not to far from us for awhile until dh job hits the two year mark and also savings is where we need it at to buy. Current house is to unsafe at this point to hold out here just about every large thunderstorm that brings a good size wind with it we having to go to his grandparents house. Just not feezeable to keep it up with five and it was alreay uncomfortable before. Pretty nervous to get rid of all the livestock but at the same time i will have more time for the kids so might be needed for now until we get our own place and can have everything with area to graze and ect. I will say i wont be sad to see the rabbits go so tired of those things lol they constantly some how get out between digging fixed that next was climbing fixed that then they some how opened their cage doors little monsters. Also goat have figured out how to unlatch the gate that was seperating them from their kids so got a new mechanisms to stop that for now. Hopefully it works out for the best and we be back with animals in a few years. Plans might change who knows but seems like its more likely gonna happen at this point.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good day all. Light rains here all night and still going.
@CLSranch is form Oklahoma.
Indeed. I am
And men are supposed to know things....
Supposed to. Nice when we actually do. I had a friend 20 yrs older than me and female who would ask my advice and purposely do the opposite (because I was right last time) and get mad that I was right. She later complained to my brother that I was always right. He said if your asking for advice isn't it good that it's good advice.
Morning almost all our seeds are sprouting. Thrilled and kinda sad. Long stoey short we looking at getting rid of the live stock and moving to a rent house not to far from us for awhile until dh job hits the two year mark and also savings is where we need it at to buy. Current house is to unsafe at this point to hold out here just about every large thunderstorm that brings a good size wind with it we having to go to his grandparents house. Just not feezeable to keep it up with five and it was alreay uncomfortable before. Pretty nervous to get rid of all the livestock but at the same time i will have more time for the kids so might be needed for now until we get our own place and can have everything with area to graze and ect. I will say i wont be sad to see the rabbits go so tired of those things lol they constantly some how get out between digging fixed that next was climbing fixed that then they some how opened their cage doors little monsters. Also goat have figured out how to unlatch the gate that was seperating them from their kids so got a new mechanisms to stop that for now. Hopefully it works out for the best and we be back with animals in a few years. Plans might change who knows but seems like its more likely gonna happen at this point.
Sad, bummer. But you are looking at the silver lining more time with the kiddo's and a little less headache. If it's like my case you'll have a lot more $$$ in your pocket not having the feed bill.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is sad to hear that you will probably sell out the animals for now... but you have talked about it once or twice, and like @Simpleterrier said, regrouping may be the best thing for now. Cattle prices are better than last year so the heifer should do better or put her in the freezer if you can find a butcher. That would go a long ways towards your grocery savings. It may be time for you to quit fighting the situation there.... and you do have a lot of children that need alot of your time. Keep us in the loop.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you will be moving right away...? It will all work out. :hugs

:caf....sums me up for now! Just having a second cuppa, then head out to work for the day. Beautiful strong breeze with mid 60s out there. Nice rains late yesterday and during night. Perfect amounts, so it soaked in well. Overcast now, clearing, going to 80s, prob more showers very late day. Then clear for 4-5 days! Yes, garden weekend! Can hardly wait to overwork myself. :lol:

One goal this weekend is to see how many eggs are under my favorite hen....who secretly went broody! She went missing and is now found. I was sad then extremely happy...she generally hatches each year. Haven't been able to get a check on eggs yet. I'm thrilled!!!!! Now, when did this start???? Yeah, getting close to hatch I figure. 😁🤔🙄👍👍 Actually need the new chicks this year as that fox has severely reduced numbers. I will say, after the cutting and discing, haven't had an issue in last week....so, not letting down guard but, hoping I've slowed it's desire for chicken. Have some rabbit!! They're out there.

ETA....I have plums on the tree, apples on one of those! :thumbsup fruit this year? Wow! That would be amazing. :fl:yesss: Elderberries are forming flower pods and blackberries are blooming big time. What? A good year???:lol: Hope so.

Last edited:

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning. I also just had a hen go broody right after telling the wife I need to get the incubator set up to be ready to hatch out as soon as the current chicks leave the brooder box. I guess she'll do it for me.
Got a good bit of rain Mon night and yesterday then back down to 40 this morning. Had to start another yesterday in the stove. Hopefully I can get some wood today and maybe a brush hogging job.