Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning, I am jealous of broody hens! But I have red sex links and they never go broody. Besides they don’t have a boyfriend. I have 8 black sex link pullets only one of them looks like a barred pattern rooster.

Goilg to weed out the tomato beds and get them ready to plant today.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
A common saying in the Midwest US is if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.
They say the same thing about the weather in Vermont.

I’m so glad she is doing this, she needs to be out of there before hurricane season starts.
Isn't that in only 3 or so weeks away??

I’m in my early twenties, but because I’m short people tend to think I’m younger.
Same with DD1. She just turned 28. When she started college 2 years ago people thought she was a younger than average freshman. Fortunately there were a couple of other mid-twenties students in the dorm.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Going to pull more weeds today in the garden. First I pull lambs quarters, ragweed and tall grass, put it in my wagon and take it to the sheep. Then I pull weeds and grass the pigs will eat. Last I pull the weeds I don’t want back in the garden and put them on the burn pile. Yesterday DH had a dentist appointment so we had to quit early. Today we should get more done!

@River Buffaloes where are you? If you don’t check in with us, I worry about you.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.

Riding lesson, horse chiropractor coming late morning.... Lightning is still showing neck pain. Per the vet he will get pain meds for a week. Vet seemed confident that he would be better after another adjustment.
Then dog 4h tonight.
Tballs first practice went well yesterday.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good day all. I got another rick of wood home yesterday with the help of the oldest boy. Well he was there until it came time to load, then he went to play with my buddy's kids. I may have a new welding job to look at today. I pass out cards but I have no idea how this guy got my #.
Time to finish up the garden.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all....nice upper 60s for today, breezy. Open windows day.

So at morning chores, as I went to open coops, here's my broody, with at least 14 fluffy butts tucked in! She hightails it to her nest, not before I notice that many more eggs in there. 🙄 So, cranking up incubator to grab some half cooked chick eggs...:idunno Maybe. Some may hatch...some not. Maybe I'll try, she's still on nest. Some of chicks are really fresh, some maybe 24 hrs...who knows.:lol:Gotta love em! Broody hens. Other chickens in coop ran out, she to nest....chicks followed to her calls....I tried to count. Nothing seen last Eve as I closed up. Made sure food & water there, shut door.

Glad I only LOOKED at the couple week old chicks at TSC yesterday. Nope, nothing to buy this year. 😁

My day started with coffee, toast and cuteness. :love It's why we do it.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just put 13 eggs in bator. 3 have pipped, One of them chirping and working at entering the world! No wonder I haven't been getting usual eggs in the nests! Knew it was a happening when I discovered her ... We'll see how it goes. :fl 😁

First time I've only had "started" eggs. Glad to have the humidity/temp thing. After the 3 get out, I'll candle other ten. ;) If they hurry, I can slide them under her tonight...with others. 👍