Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Longish day. My inside chicks are doing well....guess I'm a good momma hen. 😁

Trying to eat healthy with all this work. Tough. Had chicken tender leftovers for breakfast, didn't have lunch. So had fruit, dairy & veg for dinner. Well, more correctly, wine and jalapeno poppers. Same, right? Ask Bay!! 😁 Planting those rascals this year. These weren't the burn forever ones. Nice heat, not heavy burn.

Chores done. Just relaxing. Bed early as I have another long one tomorrow. I've counted noses, checked water, etc. 🤔. All seems ok. Mower battery on charge so I can use the mower to rake garden tomorrow evening. Yep, I can relax now.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Baymule another frosty morning, but warmer temps predicted.
Got the lawn finished and the first tractor driving practice finished.
Today it's school, I need to catch up on grading. Though we'll be finished by Friday. Got the 4h pictures of the ponies turned in too. And catch up on the dishes. Tonight is church, last one until September.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
54 here, way overcast...looks like rain??? Well, it's sure damp air out there, just no droplets. Everyone has shelter if wanted.

Better stop and fill up on way to work. DD said several stations had some empty pumps where she was yesterday. Hmmmm....that transport thing? Or the refinery shut down thing? Or you just want to make us crazy and raise prices again thing?? o_O :idunno

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm....that transport thing? Or the refinery shut down thing? Or you just want to make us crazy and raise prices again thing?? o_O :idunno
Hmmm all related perhaps,

Good day all. I have to go look for some brush hogging work today. Oldest boy has an evaluation today, so the youngest will be running around with me.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning, cloudy and drab out there but sun is supposed to come out later. Haven't seen any rain, just cloudy and damp feeling. Think it is supposed to go east and dissipate.

I filled up Monday at 2.65... went to my herd. Left early Tues for PT with over 3/4 tank.... going in opposite direction of Monday... gas was 2.85 +/- which they have been higher. came home after testing and had heard on the radio about NC stations running out of gas.... PANIC starting. Since I was almost out, stopped at a station 15 miles north of me.... filled up @ 2.83.... got down to my area to the stations that have been running higher... $ 3.29 .....:ep:ep:ep:th:thTotally nuts. I went 3 miles south to the station I often fill up at after I fed the horse; it was 3.25.
Blame is on the computer hacking/shut down of the pipeline that feeds the southeast and northeast area.... Heard several reports that it will be a few days til they get the mess straightened out... but one friend said they have family that work in the industry, and the "quiet" underlying feelings are that it will be several WEEKS, before they get this straightened out.
I have to test this afternoon, and drop off the meters and stuff at the other farm that owner samples. They couldn't do it Tues/Wed for me to drop off yesterday and pick up today.....So I will drop them off today and then have to make a special trip to get them... but only 1 extra trip .....

Got to get with the rest of the herds that will be needing tested this month on the phone and get some things scheduled.

Time to get some laundry done so I can get it hung and it ought to dry today and tomorrow before it maybe showers Thursday night or Friday.... Get the samples packed from yesterday, and ready to go into the car along with the meters and stuff for this afternoon. Going down the other house and get some stuff loaded in the car and bring up here. Going to take the truck down I think, I can back it in the carport when I go to work.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
morning all getting frustrated still packing but looka like renting might be out after all. one place wants a full three month of bankstatements and last years taxes which wouldnt be a problem if we could black out the sensitive info but they according to what they asked thats not acceptable. and dh is livid because of it. however if we stay here we going to put pretty much everything into storage and possibly do some minnor repairs just to help. and put everything we can into savings and try to buy next year. kind cranky about the fact i just sold all my goats as well... oh well still have the calf she out with the herd and have the pigs chickens and geese and ducks still. will be going down in chickens and might be getting rid of ducks either way i am going to instist on finishing the coop and making sure the birds cant get to my garden. i would move pigs to front paddocks as well, but one problem is the goose with a nest. I dont want the dang pigs to still her eggs as they should hatch in a week or two.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Because of all the BS that has gone on with renting, and the gov't deciding that the renters do not have to pay while all the covid crap was going on.... anyone owning a place to rent is going to want to know EVERYTHING about the potential new renters. And honestly, if you think that the requirements are bad.... if you are going to buy, and have to have a mortgage of any kind, then are going to want to know more about you than your doctor...... they will want to know practically when you go to the bathroom....

Any chance that you have enough to buy something now, not what you want, but as a stepping stone????? AND buy directly from a private owner???? I bought direct, yes there is a bank mortgage, but the price was low enough, and I had over 20% down, so that I managed to get around/past some of the stupid stuff.
The other good thing for me, is my 30+ years on the same job... so shows a good track record, that you don't have by starting your own business... that I think was a good move, but not for showing this kind of "known trackable income" over a period of time.

From here on, I would not sell anything else, until you have a confirmed place to go.... you can always ship to a stockyard on a short notice.... And make some serious decisions on who you want to really keep and get rid of the surplus now... but not the ones you really like and have a reason to want to keep. Cutting down on your chores is probably a good thing regardless with your increasing pregnancy anyway.

Sorry you ran into this, many places here are private owned and landlords require a deposit and last months rent, plus the first months rent paid up ahead....nearly all do not allow pets either.

Latest posts