Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i dont care if they like them or not these are good.

Attachments

• 20210614_180617.jpg
    20210614_180617.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 62

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Jesusfreak101

Zucchini Candy

Peel and remove seed from LARGE heavy walled zucchini. Cut into 1 inch cubes. Simmer cubes in 4 -5 cups water with 3 packets Kool-Aid and 2 - 2 1/2 C sugar. simmer until cubes begin to get translucent. Drain and spread on dehydrator trays. Set at 125 degrees and dry about 16 hours until no longer sticky. Shake cooled candy in powdered sugar and store in sealed container.

Zucchini Cobbler

I added twice the amount of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ginger and a dash of cloves. It made it even more yummy! You could also make the filling, thicken up the juice with a little cornstarch and make a pie with it.

Zuchinni Cobbler
FILLING
8 cups Zuc. peeled and seeded use large
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
Mix and cook until tender and set aside to cool

CRUST
4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup butter or oleo
cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top

Mix crust till crumbly and pat 1/2 of crust into an oblong baking dish.
Bake that crust for 10 minutes at 375*
Place filling on baked crust and then put other 1/2 of crust mix over filling.
Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar over top.
Bake at 375* for 30 minutes.

Don't tell them it is zuchinni and they will think it is apple....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I need to get my motor started and hit the ground running today. Once I get all these chicken chores done, I’ve got to work sheep, bush hog the horse pasture behind the barn so the Bahia I planted last spring can grow, and tackle the garden, plant more stuff. Oh, wanna build new chicken coop. Gonna be a busy summer.
But for today, it’s process last 4 dirty birdies, can everything I can and clean up my mess.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
And our lists just keep growing!! :lol:

I'm working today, then I plan to be off for a few....in a row!!! Want that other area fenced so I can let goats graze it. Nothing there now, so just get it up! I'm hopeful. New fence is here...waiting on me. Crank up the tractor! 😁

The zuc recipes sound good. I'm gonna try those.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I let the sheep out to graze the yard—-and where are they? Back in their cool barn! Eve just galloped across the yard to the swing set. She ran up under the slide to scratch her back, rocking back and forth. She grabbed a few mouthfuls of grass at a trot, going back to the barn. Haven’t seen a sheep out in the yard in hours. It’s hot, summer is here. Spoiled sheep!

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Rain today! It was hot and dry this morning and rain this evening. My garden is liking it, but the weeds are loving it! At least I have happy goats. I get to puppy sit for a few days. I love these dogs, so it should be fun, hopefully the rain holds off a few hours on those days though!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Done with Dirty Birdies! :weee :weee :weee :weee

No more Cornish Cross to feed, water and daily move their chicken tractor. Poor little black sex links that I brooded with the Dirty Birdies, I told them that now they don't have to share with their fat cousins any more.

We raised and processed 73 Cornish Cross chickens. Sold 45, got the rest stuffed in the freezer. I had lots of breast bones to simmer for broth, but I sent DH out to the Pig Palace with them. Pigs loves them some chicken! Not a scrap left! I was tired of dadburned chicken! Got 21 quarts of chicken scraps canned for the dogs, plus simmered a big pot for them today.

DONE WITH DIRTY BIRDIES!!!!!