Coffee anyone ?

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Done with Dirty Birdies! :weee :weee :weee :weee

No more Cornish Cross to feed, water and daily move their chicken tractor. Poor little black sex links that I brooded with the Dirty Birdies, I told them that now they don't have to share with their fat cousins any more.

We raised and processed 73 Cornish Cross chickens. Sold 45, got the rest stuffed in the freezer. I had lots of breast bones to simmer for broth, but I sent DH out to the Pig Palace with them. Pigs loves them some chicken! Not a scrap left! I was tired of dadburned chicken! Got 21 quarts of chicken scraps canned for the dogs, plus simmered a big pot for them today.

DONE WITH DIRTY BIRDIES!!!!!

Wow! Congratulations!!! I’m impressed at what you’ve done. Now, time for a nap!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great job @Baymule, that's a lot of birds to process.
Need to get chores, then out to do the weeding and clean those rabbit cages. Get those 4H projects done. DD1 had a good 4H HP practice last night. IMG_6688.JPG
Tonight is the last Tractor driving practice. And dd2 will get to go again to VBS with some friends.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule our elders are looking very fruitful here, also. So long as we get occasional rain for next couple months. We have blooms and set berries around here. Yesterday I went by my farm patches and was thrilled with quantity! Then other locations are just as full. I actually drank some of my juice last night, iced and diluted. Was good.

Wild blackberry patches are starting to get pickable ripe. :clap will make jelly/jam.

My friend says the fig trees are over full this year, too. My dehydrator is ready. Guess it's a fruit year! Want blueberries...waiting on u-pick nearby...love those.

Sunny and nice today...plus I'm home! Farm work day. :love

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
your awesome Bay! thank you. going to water the garden in a bit, need to cook breakfast for the kids they waking up finally. going to be a cleaning day and school day. One of Dh's sisters and her kids are stay at his grandparents for the week. the kids are hoping to play with her kids dh thinks tomorrow he be home for that long story but most of his family acts the same. so for now i just get to get things done going to bake blueberry muffins, possible cookies and bread and thinking of making tortillas. i made apple pie last night and the kids arent fans of pie quite yet three of the four tried it and my youngest dd liked it the others prefer cookies😑. lol oh well.

Attachments

• 20210615_195038.jpg
    20210615_195038.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 63

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Also toast with wild plum jam.
This morning we will be working outside, doing more clean up. Still some pine limbs on the ground from a lightning struck tree that we had taken down. It was right at the fence/gate and falling distance to the carport. I got my battery charged on my chainsaw so I can cut them up to manageable lengths. Have some towering pole plants to chop and pile on the burn pile and other assorted stuff. DH will do a little more mowing with push weed eater to knock down the big weeds that the sheep won’t eat.

Neighbor Robert got the tractor yesterday evening to drag pine logs to his sawmill. And he hitched up the bush hog to mow our back pasture! Thanks Robert!

Busy morning. Then the heat will drive us inside around noon. Even the sheep run back in their barn in the heat of the day.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Baymule
Got everything done. Weeding, rabbit cages, made tie dye shirts for the kids for dd2's 4H project and got to the tractor driving practice. Last one for this year. IMG_6699.JPGHad some inquiries on some bunnies. Need to sell some. Had 2 does due yesterday, but nothing. It's ok we've plenty at this point. Just over 2 weeks of crazy busyness of 4H, 3 week of SB and on to other summer things after that so not sure it'll slow down much.
Praying for rain, our hay fields look pretty pitiful.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rain...what happened to a couple nicer rains a week? Seems it has become three weeks without and two with....is my CRS in the way? Was it never normal? Am I dreaming? Well, I could use some rain, too. Ran a lot of water washing off my tractor yesterday and it soaked in so fast I was amazed! Yep, rain dance again. Things aren't at wilt stage but, could be in a few days with the heat.

Heat -- WOW for those temps out west and even NW.....way bad. As bad as the snow and cold. In reverse. If no one believes in climate change, think about these extremes.

@Baymule have a good farm day! I did one yesterday and can feel it today....sore like you never use half those muscles. :old 😁. But me and my tractor did good!! Fixed a fence a limb had shortened and goaties jumped...no more! Walked the herd to a pasture with a LOT of gumball trees wanting to grow....eat before I mow. Buffet time. :clap

Today small jobs in several stores, then off 3 days. :weee

Looking at the "I want a garden" area that's seriously becoming a pasture again!! Maybe I just need to disc every field I have because the grass is unreal. :th:idunno:he. Not sure I can win this one. Haven't given up but it's crossed my mind. Then I'd have to start over 🤔 :oops::he:caf. No wonder people just buy stuff. 😶

Work for pay, today. Will see how I feel about it Friday. 👍😋

Last edited:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
morning all, pancakes and bacon here. dh is gonna have breakfast with us whether or not he has a load today dont know yet but more then likely he does he dropping a load off now. will be working on the new planting section in the garden along with laundry school and the kids want to go swimming.