Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on and some storebought donuts. Finally getting a good rain shower. :clap
Miss Dora had 7 healthy kits, crazy how all three of the does I rebred this spring had larger litters the 2nd time. :D =D according to my records this doe had 25 misses, before giving us 2 litters this year....:oops:
Lost a doe too... a favorite. She was only 3 but has given me 4 litters and was a sweet easy going girl. :hit definitely some highs and lows this year.
One doe due next week and we are done for awhile.
4h check in this morning then we'll see if dd2 will. have a tball game since it's raining.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very breezy this morning, maybe 15+. Ok at 73 but heading mid 90s. And humidity has returned. You can sure feel it. Guess I'll do my outside first and spend lunch until dinner in AC. ;) if the goats are smart they will hunker under those trees out there! They are just enjoying the cool morning right now. Breakfast over and clear...need to finish loading dish washer and run it.

They say we'll get tail end of those rains coming from gulf about Mon or Tue. Pastures are ready for it!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee and doughnuts! Going to take down a big dead tree this morning. Robert will tie off on it, run the rope around another tree in the direction he wants it to go, (away from the fence) and BJ will hold tension with the tractor. We have a couple to bring down.
Hot, much too hot.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Neighbor’s wife is out of town for the week. He’s mowed the yard 5 times in two days, and then started mowing a different neighbor’s yard. Then tried to brush hog the ditches. At the moment he’s shooting snakes; which has me worried because I have tall grass and exploring ducklings. Hopefully he gets them, or that he’s actually shooting at a hose. Entertainment in the country!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Neighbor’s wife is out of town for the week. He’s mowed the yard 5 times in two days, and then started mowing a different neighbor’s yard. Then tried to brush hog the ditches. At the moment he’s shooting snakes; which has me worried because I have tall grass and exploring ducklings. Hopefully he gets them, or that he’s actually shooting at a hose. Entertainment in the country!
I guess it beats hitting the bar and getting drunk!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
92 holding steady....my last pregnant doe has decided to go into labor today! 🤔 told her yesterday to get it done, ten degrees cooler then. At least she went into the barn under fans. I'm anticipating trips, again this year. We'll know soon.... At least they'll dry fast! 😁. Better go check, been an HR since last look. A prissy bottle baby, spoiled.