Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We picked a few elderberries, I think more will be ready Friday. I walked past the lawn chairs to go cut a piece of hardware cloth, turned around and went back. I have metal lawn chairs with the diamond type holes, like expanded metal. A chair worked just fine for elderberries. Thank you @Simpleterrier OH WISE ONE! :bow :bow :bow PM your address and I will send your $500 posthaste!

8EAE0C57-CC9E-49D7-B495-8737B5D3C8B7.jpeg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
By the time everyone here pays me 500 I'll be rich enough
I won't pay, I have no idea where to find elderberries around here ;)

OK. @Jesusfreak101 you have no excuse now.
I hope one or more of them are a good fit! She and the family definitely need to get out from under the big thumb.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Hay is all down, going to rake after I get a part for the baler, extra sheer bolts as I broke our last extra one on Monday. Have two wagons to unload also. DH made me some diagrams to help me rake...hopefully I will get it this time. At least I get to use the newest tractor that I prefer for it. I'm imitated by the two older ones...afraid they won't stop...:hidethough I am ok on the one. One 1/2 acre that produced 5 bales first cut produced 25... fertilizer helped. We do have help for baling. Thankfully rain was pushed up and need to have it all baled by tomorrow night....of course it's all evenings as dh has work. Should can more beans...bunnies need tattooed... it's always something.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee PA. We only work outside until 11or 12. It gets too hot and we come in drenched in sweat.
This morning we are taking Sheba in to be spayed. I don’t want to raise puppies and don’t want to cage her twice a year for several weeks. I put her in the trailer, but it’s too hot for that now. So she goes to the vet this morning and we’ll pick her up this afternoon. Then she gets some house time until stitches come out.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres ; Hope you get the hay up... I am all too familiar with trying to beat the weather. Hey, I have an idea... send your possible rain down this way and you will have all sorts of time to make the hay;).....
I too have tractors I prefer not to drive....have one that is a real workhorse, but it is big enough that I feel that sometimes I might not get it stopped... and there is always this little quirk and that little quirk on each one...
and raking is a learned art.... any help I can give just ask. I will be raking the sorghum-sudan grass today so it can dry more and because I will be tied up tomorrow... he plans to bale it Friday... it is a thicker stem so takes a little longer to dry. We try to make it as a dry hay instead of wrapping it... money saved by not having to wrap, and the cows seem to prefer it as dry hay... at least last years wrapped was not as well liked as it has been in the past. But it is expensive to wrap it, so why do it if you don't have to.
We buy shear bolts by the box now... they don't go bad and there is nothing worse than not having one when you get down to the last few rows to want to get done!!!! You might not break one for several days/weeks.... then it seems like you can't get through a row without one breaking....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule brilliant for chairs! 😁

@farmerjan I hate to tell you about this rain but, again today, all day.... It's dreary and I'm getting tired if it. Even the horses are and they generally don't even care. This morning they are all standing under the big carport, just looking around. This is supposed to hang a couple more days.

Having coffee, slowly convincing self to get moving...work calls. At least the heavy hours are lining up with the weather -- couldn't do anything outside. 🤭 Well next two weeks are big full store resets, long hours each day....I SURE don't want this weather that long. :hide

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses ... I was looking at the radar/forecast and see where you are still getting it along the coast. OH, to be able to lift it up and drop it over us for 24 hours.....
Yep, may as well make money when you can and you can't do much else there outside.

Temps are supposed to climb and be back in the 90's next week with more chances of t-storms???? Not like we have any hay to make so that would be fine. Especially if a couple of the "possibles" would materialize into actually happening....
Have to get out my calendar and see what farms are next on the list to call....Been telling all of them that end of Oct is coming and that I will be out of commission for a month at least... so they have to get their tests in by then so they can go a month... most are on every other month anyway... so skipping Nov isn't going to be that big a deal.... and I will try to get DS and Geneva to help like with the 500 cow herd of I have to.... but that is end of Nov.... if I do them right before the surgery.... One of the other testers said she could do a couple ... she had 2 of them so might take her up on it for at least one of them that would be due in mid-nov....but she can only do them on the weekends because of her working at the post office in the afternoons.
Time enough to see when it gets closer...

Last edited:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all, not much going on dh is working as much as he can. The kids and i are on normal routine of farm chores, house work and school. Going to see about packing or throwing things away. Less i have to do later the better. Hoping we can wait till after baby born in october but if not oh weĺl.