Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheba is home and in the house. BJ just fed her a little bit. She went outside, peed and pooped a very small poop. (Probably because she pooped a load in the car this morning) If she keeps this down, I can give her pain meds. Poor girl, she feels bad.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
She only took a few bites, drank a little water. I gave her pain pills. She spit them out. It took a few tries, but she got them down. Sheba has a folded blanket on the floor. The cone goes on her at bedtime to keep her from licking the incision. This is gonna be a hard next few days on her. She has to stay “down” for 10-12 days. Poor She-baby.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Got to bed about midnight. We got 304 bales on the wagons. Kids and I (and a neighbor kid) is supposed to unload and stack them this morning. Not finished on one field that was ready last night, then have another field that will get raked today then baled. It's lighter. But so far our fields are averaging 2-3x the yields from first cut. One more day of this.... Then on to other things.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee PA. Sounds like you need it worse than I do. 304 bales on the wagon! And take them off and stack them this morning! You are SUPERWOMAN! I have nothing but admiration for you and all that you do. You are awesome.

No cone on Sheba last night, she freaked out. She put her face on my face, putting the cone over both of us, just not understanding what was happening to her. I took it off, slept on our very uncomfortable sofa with the leash hooked on my arm. I feel like I loaded those 304 bales on the wagon while somebody hit me with a stick. It’s a recliner sofa, the seat in the middle is higher than the 2 recliners on the ends. Now I want to burn it, dance around it celebrating its demise, but I’d have to buy another sofa. Bummer.

Y’all have a good day. We will be dog sitting Sheba.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you @Simpleterrier OH WISE ONE! :bow :bow :bow PM your address and I will send your $500 posthaste!
Somehow I read this as $500 toothpaste. As in Elderberry. Now this is getting really interesting.
I love that kind of chair, btw. We had a set that stayed with the other house. So nice to sit and rock on. Apparently they were also good for elderberry harvest.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I worked from 7 to 6 today. Came home and picked more elderberry. Went out and did chores, Unloaded a few bags of feed and then came in, sat down to clean elderberry. Sooooo much faster. THANKS for sharing that method OH WISE one!! Getting this out before I fall asleep. Up at 5:30 for another day at work. :eek: Good night! 😴

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. BJ woke me up rumbling around in the kitchen. Slept on the sofa again. Sheba is feeling better, she ate last night and drank more water. She is more alert and wants to go see the other dogs. Nope. No playing or working. I’ll probably be sleeping on the sofa a few more nights to keep from putting the cone on her. My ears are trained to the sound of her licking and I tell her no. She’s not too bad at it.