Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on, got my new phone and case so setting them up. Old one was dropped in water (yes a toilet :eek: ) it did dry out and was mostly working but was due an upgrade and so I did it. I DID FINALLY figure out how to get it to back up... it kept saying it couldn't and that was before it went swimming:idunno
DS and I slept in a bit, DH was up and off to work. Need to get chores done then taking a few things to the farm and then bringing back a book case, desk and small table thing. Trying to get that school room up and useable by Monday. DH isn't 100% on board, why take things and bring some back.. but he is the one who said we probably won't be over there within a year.. and I had ignored that playroom long enough... Honestly it was piled so high you couldn't even get in there to play. o_O So this will make a place for the kid's desks and give them a work place that isn't used for other things like meals.
Did decide to not butcher any of the Velveteen Lops yet... they have one more pass then they'll be a "real" breed, well at least approved by ARBA. And then we'll be able to sell them. :fl DS wants to show them in 4H...it'll be his 5th year so a long time coming for him.
Well have a great Saturday, looks like a sunny day.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would think a dedicated school room would be best for everyone! Go in and learn. Come out and play....close the door 😁

Here it's another hot, humid day. With that, poss scattered showers. :idunnoNormal summer. This is a home day for me. Hope the heat doesn't keep all work down. There's a breeze out there right now, which helps tremendously. But I don't see a lot of serious work being done. I need a slack day anyhow.

My effort right now is this. :caf Stopped and got figs from friend yesterday, put into dehydrator. Then next door to neighbors fig bush, just starting to ripen, picked them. Some late ripening elderberries ready on their bushes, no ladder with me...will do today. But since it was still daylight, went a couple miles away and got those elders. All those need picked off today, once I pick from neighbor. I'll have inside work for a little while. ;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I slept until 7. We went to a movie yesterday to see RESPECT. A movie about Aretha Franklin, starring Jennifer Hudson, who absolutely did a fabulous role as Aretha. It showed her going to Fame Studio in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. That’s where BJ recorded his music back in the day and he especially enjoyed that. If you ever sand along on Aretha Franklin’s songs, go see the movie. Awesome.
Neighbor lady texted, wanting me to come get a sick injured baby chick. She was afraid of the poor little thing dying and just couldn’t handle it. She had tears as she showed me the chick. Then she poured her heart out for over 2 hours and I listened. She has a lot on her plate and the sick chick was the last straw. I brought it home, put it in a laundry basket, feed, water, light and it staggered sideways to the feed. I dipped its beak in water and it drank. It’s alive this morning with a full crop. We’ll see how it goes. I hope I can muse it back to health and return it to her.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
feed, water, light and it staggered sideways to the feed. I dipped its beak in water and it drank. It’s alive this morning with a full crop. We’ll see how it goes. I hope I can muse it back to health and return it to her.
You can soak it’s feed in water to help it digest better and take in more hydration. I usually put out a dish of soaked feed and a feeder of dry during the first week and let them choose. The wet feed is often more popular. Hope it makes it.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on, and made some biscuits and gravy (ok from a can and the gravy just was reheated.) It's how I roll right now. Got home after midnight, went with DH to the tractor pull. We could have left before but were parked in...dives me batty those things. Had a nice visit with cousins (got to see their 7 month old baby for the first time) though. Neither DH or DS was in the money but DH could have been if he hadn't dropped his first pull. His tractor is still competitive despite sitting.
Church then get those rabbit cages cleaned (yeah I forgot a couple days ago) and work on the school room. We have everything here, now to just get it organized.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. Been playing on the map app, charting a course to Corpus Christi. Apps want to send us through Houston, interstate most of the way, and that ain’t happening. DD and DSIL are supposed to close on their house this week and may want us to bring stuff on the weekend or maybe the next weekend. My sister in Willis has a riding lawnmower and 2 chest of drawers for them. My sister in law in Conroe has 2 chairs and a chest of drawers for them. We have to make 3 stops to load everything then take it to them. It will be a kind day. So we wait for DD to call and tell us when.
Today I put up pears. Yesterday we picked buckets of pears. Gotta get outside, do chores and get busy inside. Y’all have a great day!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was able to sleep in this morning! Plus, I slept well last night! :celebrate Needed the lift of a good, uninterrupted sleep....8 hrs even. Just before dusk the predicted rain storms looked imminent with all the thunder, lightening, black clouds. Seemed to move on, then hit hard from back side of it. A hot shower...then cut my hair. Got a book and glass of wine, propped in bed. Heard the rain, settled in and went to sleep! Sure worked well.

Glad I got most of yard mowed yesterday, not happening today. Still pretty heavy cloud/sun mixed sky. Another heavy work week coming, so got any feed I needed, cleaned water tubs, etc., done yesterday. Got tractor diesel, mower gas, truck filled...think I'm covered. Another big meal cook day today, which will add to "heat and eats" for week, plus freezer fare. Will carry lunches, too, as this store isn't near much in way of places to eat. ;)

Temps are down today and next few, they say. Low to mid 80s sounds good. Typical scatterers poss all week. If this keeps up I'll need to put a flag device on animals to find them in the grass. Some areas are in ridiculous stage. As I walked the fields yesterday I noticed huge clearings of vines on fences.....thanks to my goat crew! It was needed and I sure appreciate their help. They took out a few things that I would have left but, can regrow. All trees are trimmed up evenly...nice job! Will make going into winter preps easier.

Other than no garden, things are going well so far this year. Still have a few rolls of new fence to go up....after it cools down but goat crew helping to clear old stuff off. Some cross fence already taken down, posts up and good. It's looking promising! :old After 20 years, some new things needed, will get done.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule .... Whose pear trees?

I'm currently coveting a huge pear tree of a neighbor and another with apples! I don't think either use them. Plan to go knocking on doors and ask. I mean, why waste such a bounty?? These are a very solid pear and can well. Apples?? But tree is loaded! I know for a fact they don't use them, their next door neighbor is a friend. He's going to ask them if I can have. Maybe I'll get lucky with both. ;)

My own apple trees had about 3 dz started...first yr...goats broke in and now gone. :mad: The two trees are there, fortunately. Yeah, got new fence there!!! Like Fort Knox....adding fig and blueberry this fall to the tiny orchard. Hopefully a cherry tree, too.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
1629042488208.png

I've got boys but thought others would still like this.