Coffee anyone ?

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow you must have different horse people in your area. In my area I don't want my girl running with horse people. My area a horse girl... A girl who's parents spend money to win who gets what she wants by being a brat who goes have fun while mom and dad muck stalls and fills buckets who doesn't due chores or learn to nurture who dates but never settles down who runs over men cause she can do it herself who ends up alone with her horse who eats ice cream and drinks alone wondering why who's sad bitter depressed who takes young girls in and teaches them the same thing.

Now a girl who has a horse is different than a horse girl. She loves that horse she takes care of it even though it's missing an eye has a sway back doesn't want to trot will come to her call at a full run shares the chocolate chip cookies she made doesn't care if a bridle or saddle is on or off stands still when she falls not wanting to hurt her. She learns to help others and to nurture the sick and little ones along. When the boy comes along she shares her chocolate chip cookies with him when he gets hurt she nurses him back when he's old and missing an eye and sway backed she stands beside him she doesn't bridle or saddle him she doesn't want them moon just to see the stars with him. They stand hand in hand threw it all. That's a girl with a horse not a horse girl.

Ask me how I know I grew up with a dad who was a farrier we did horses for people who had horses not horse people. My dad sold his horse to buy my mom's ring. I married a woman who rode horses but wasn't a horse girl. She stands beside me. While her horse girl friends are still trying to figure out what went wrong they try to figure out what she did right while she makes me chocolate chip cookies.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got 20 pints of pears put up and cleaned up my mess. I’ll do some more tomorrow.

I was a girl with a horse. Now I’m an old lady with horses. And dogs, and sheep, and chickens, and until day after tomorrow-with pigs.

Then I’ll be an old lady with horses, and dogs, and sheep, and chickens , and a freezer full of meat.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
You made no mention of the happy Hubs! We know he's there. 😁

My dad always encouraged my love of horses. Mom, nope. To her surprise and annoyance, he got me my first horse when we were in Cuba. He traded a row boat. Mom moaned over $12.50 a month board at the base corral. :lol: That horse and I were BFFs. Cried so hard when we had to leave and I couldn't bring him home. All is true about a girl and her horse.....a connection you can't believe.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was a girl with a horse too. My dad was very supportive, we had a family old pony that I learned on, got dumped off of, and mom was always there quietly taking care of everything in the background. Learned about the "horse girls" when I started barrel racing and my father put his foot down... I kept my horse through a marriage, divorce, move to Virginia and subsequent cattle farming. No horse right now, but hope once the knees get fixed, I can get back to it. Going to have some more of the animals I have slowly let go with some changes... want pigs back and more chickens again... and still have my saddle and all for the next horse(?)....

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree yet my definitions of each may be switched to yours. A person with a horse is the one with the money and not the love.
Wow you must have different horse people in your area. In my area I don't want my girl running with horse people. My area a horse girl... A girl who's parents spend money to win who gets what she wants by being a brat who goes have fun while mom and dad muck stalls and fills buckets who doesn't due chores or learn to nurture who dates but never settles down who runs over men cause she can do it herself who ends up alone with her horse who eats ice cream and drinks alone wondering why who's sad bitter depressed who takes young girls in and teaches them the same thing.

Now a girl who has a horse is different than a horse girl. She loves that horse she takes care of it even though it's missing an eye has a sway back doesn't want to trot will come to her call at a full run shares the chocolate chip cookies she made doesn't care if a bridle or saddle is on or off stands still when she falls not wanting to hurt her. She learns to help others and to nurture the sick and little ones along. When the boy comes along she shares her chocolate chip cookies with him when he gets hurt she nurses him back when he's old and missing an eye and sway backed she stands beside him she doesn't bridle or saddle him she doesn't want them moon just to see the stars with him. They stand hand in hand threw it all. That's a girl with a horse not a horse girl.

Ask me how I know I grew up with a dad who was a farrier we did horses for people who had horses not horse people. My dad sold his horse to buy my mom's ring. I married a woman who rode horses but wasn't a horse girl. She stands beside me. While her horse girl friends are still trying to figure out what went wrong they try to figure out what she did right while she makes me chocolate chip cookies.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@CLSranch you have boys, but they will get every good thing you posted about a girl and her horse because you are their Dad. You are providing the best example of what a man should be, what a husband should be and what a father should be. You are showing them how to be a horseman, how to be a cowboy and how to be a man.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, on my second cup. Sheba went back to work yesterday in her home pasture with Sentry. Those were 2 happy dogs!
We load the pigs this morning. Going to park them in the shade and spray them with the water hose today, then be at the slaughter facility at 7:30 in the morning. Going to load this morning while it’s cool instead of this evening when it’s hot.
I’ll put up more pears today. Maybe Wednesday I’ll make a pear pie. I used to have a recipe for fresh pear cake, but lost it somewhere along the way. Anybody got one?