Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Feel better, Alaskan!! :hugs

@Baymule I peeled, cored and thin sliced...tossed in some water with fruit fresh (Ball brand) ... Just enough to get some on surface, couple minutes. Shook off, placed on tray. They dried enough within roughly 24 hrs to be just slightly chewy, not break up hard. Kept color, slight brown on edges...very nice, very mild. Good in caramel sauce and also cinn/sugar. 😁 I'd consider a little thicker cut next time. Other fruits do have more taste dried but these were good. I don't need to can that much! Those a little thicker had more obvious pear taste. I'd do more. Figs are my concern as they don't wait a minute to get over ripe! These pears are a little more forgiving.

I did some plum tomato slices last year and they were great. May be able to find some next week...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I always get the hog heads, they skin them, saw in half and vacuum seal. I took out 2 halves and cooked them in my big granite ware roasting pan. It's full of fat, so today I'll cook up a big pot of rice to help absorb some of the fat and act as a filler so the dogs don't get the squirts from all the fat. Then I'll can for it for the dogs. Meant to cook the other 2 halves I have, but for got to take them out to thaw last night. I'll have head halves from 3 more hogs coming in a week or so.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry for the absence. Got busy then got sick. So got a test done... so we have covid in our house. So far just like a bad flu. Girls both have had fevers also, but theyve bounced back more quickly than I. Boys so far haven't had any symptoms. We'll still get school done. Just nothing social until we are past the quarantine.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry for the absence. Got busy then got sick. So got a test done... so we have covid in our house. So far just like a bad flu. Girls both have had fevers also, but theyve bounced back more quickly than I. Boys so far haven't had any symptoms. We'll still get school done. Just nothing social until we are past the quarantine.
I hope you and your family get better soon :hugs

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry you are having to deal with it but actually that is a good thing. You will have a much better resistance to any further "variants" that come along. The natural immunity that your body will provide will do you more good in the future than any shot will ever do. Hopefully the rest will be asymtomatic and still get the immune response.

caprines.n.me

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
There is a lot of talk about building natural immunity after you've been afflicted with Covid. Unfortunately, it seems not to work that way for everyone. I know several people who have been ill more than once, including my own son.