Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well yeah! With the pipes 6" below grade, 105°F temps and the sun beating down ;)

When I was a teen we did a family camping trip up CA, through OR, WA, ID, MT, WY, UT, NV, AZ. Stayed one night in Vegas. "Lovely" area, parked on an asphalt parking lot. Yeah the hot water was hot, so was the cold.
The first house I owned,down in Texas...

We lived in town, and were on town water. In the summer time the cold water was hot.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Got the hay put up. 77 weedy bales in the shed, 74 bales to our hay help. Though not very happy with DH... The boys did all the baling just the 2 of them on Saturday. Then Sunday the 74... of course by the time DH got it all raked (took like 4 hours) the help couldn't make it.
We'll be off on a camping trip this weekend. Taking a canoe as it's on a lake (idle only!!! my favorite) and doing some fishing and RESTING.
I am feeling a bit better didn't feel the need to nap yesterday even though kids and I cleaned the rabbit shed/cages. (it was a disaster!)
Sent 5 bunnies off with a friend and she brought us 2 young NZ does!!! :)

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay i know i am a busy mom and pregnant and ect. But i been think about this on and off for a few years now. So hear me out but please feel free to speak your mind (i like blunt people). So on with the thoughts. I was thinking in order to help us get money built up faster to move looking at making quilts to sale say baby/toddler size and twin sized i can probably do a queen and or king but those take longer and would certianlly i would charge much more. The other thing is i can do a baby/toddler size depending on the complication in a few days like three days depending on how much i can work on it if i have a entire day it would be done in a day but with four kids i add extra days. A twin would take me about two-three weeks just because of the amount of cutting and organizing that goes with it. I am gonna show yall some i did already and yall tell me if i was to be saling it what would be willing to pay for it and if its something that would sale or not. 20210914_130050.jpg20210914_130043.jpg this one a twin
20210914_125844.jpg20210914_125849.jpg twin 20210914_125752.jpg20210914_125801.jpgbaby/toddler20210914_125705.jpg20210914_125710.jpgbaby/toddler

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Jesusfreak101 I think that the idea of quilts would be good. The Mennonites here do a huge quilt sale that is a fund raiser for some of the relief fund projects they do. I don't know what they would be worth in your area... maybe online sales??? Or at craft type sales say at fall festivals or something? I have several my grandmother made for me years ago and some things she knitted and one I crocheted as a kid when my mom taught me.... I cherish them.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Okay i know i am a busy mom and pregnant and ect. But i been think about this on and off for a few years now. So hear me out but please feel free to speak your mind (i like blunt people). So on with the thoughts. I was thinking in order to help us get money built up faster to move looking at making quilts to sale say baby/toddler size and twin sized i can probably do a queen and or king but those take longer and would certianlly i would charge much more. The other thing is i can do a baby/toddler size depending on the complication in a few days like three days depending on how much i can work on it if i have a entire day it would be done in a day but with four kids i add extra days. A twin would take me about two-three weeks just because of the amount of cutting and organizing that goes with it. I am gonna show yall some i did already and yall tell me if i was to be saling it what would be willing to pay for it and if its something that would sale or not.View attachment 87604View attachment 87605 this one a twin
View attachment 87609View attachment 87608 twin View attachment 87607View attachment 87611baby/toddlerView attachment 87610View attachment 87606baby/toddler
Those are gorgeous and I believe you could make a tidy profit selling them!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Winter is coming -- quilts bring back old memories! I have one that my grandmother hand stitched, a wedding gift to mom and dad, so 75+ yrs ago. It's special for many reasons. Back then, most all were made by hand sewing.

Today is a little overcast from storm off the coast, not bad. Little humid but decent temps, prob low 80 late day. Will work a few small jobs at several stores today....short! day....do errands, get feed. You know the drill! :) I've had 3 long days this week and appreciate that I scheduled a break. Thinking there's a slight possibility of getting a new stretch of fence up this weekend. I'll buy another doz t-posts to add to pile, in case. Nothing worse than running out part way through! If I get DS to cut wood to up two corners, it will be quick work...everything else is ready and clear cut along path. 🤔 sounds doable anyway. Have gates, have hanger hooks, have hooks for wire to t-posts and staples for wood posts, electric wire and connectors for all posts....I think I'm ready! Hmmm, better get diesel while I'm out today! Tractor fuel.

How's the rain been treating you guys along gulf coast? Hope all is ok

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Similar weather for about next week. Very slight chance of scattered sprinkles todays from the tropical system passing along coast, heading north. I expect only clouds. ;) in general we are now in low 80s for daytime. Hottish, not bad. I'll be on the tractor this afternoon....my own little relaxation time.

News on for noise and weather....but, they are talking about all the shortages and price increases. I'm wandering why they haven't felt a need to report this sooner. I mean, I've seen it for months!! The vendors think we don't notice same price and smaller amounts is a price increase? Sheesh!! Plus out and out, huge price increases? :smack:rant I've always kept a several month supply on hand of everything. :old

Hay supplies are next. 😁

Latest posts