Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Need to clean house and finish organizing the house one room left to do. Also need to make a run to the feed store. Found four kittens several days ago need more formula for them and need to figure out living space more then just a box... hmm. Anyways outside of that nothing else to really be done today.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well rainy cold front got here but several hours later than expected. So little to no bad weather last night, which is certainly here now! Coming down! Much cooler. It's strange how "fat" the rain seems to be. Naturally there are accidents everywhere per the news traffic reports. Thankfully, I have nothing taking me to those locations! In fact, having coffee and patiently waiting to leave for scheduled work today. I'd be soaked just closing an umbrella when getting in the vehicle. Ah, yes -- one of the benefits of making your own schedule -- change schedule! 😁 A major perk for me.
We haven't had a lot of rain for almost two weeks, so this is an ok event.

Got the cat food while out yesterday, so back in their good graces, plus got some hay a couple days ago, goats can eat in barn while it's so wet. 👍 everyone is happy.

Soon chores will be done, I'll go to work and come home later to clear weather. It's another wonderful day to enjoy! Get out there and find a reason to smile everyone! :frow🤗

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@ Alaskan....already???? Accumulating??? Ok, you just can't wait to use your new toy! 😁

Still a few high clouds around but sun is coming through. I have 65 startup temps and will only move to low 70s. Brisk day! 👍 in 70s most of week. Ahhh, Fall arrives!

Work today, then home for 2 or 3, maybe. Kinda, sorta depends on how wet I find things...ground mainly. May work tomorrow and take Mon off. Work really slows up come Nov for 3 months, so do it while I can...buys hay...fills the bank account. Both nice.

Don't know about you guys but I'm pretty well stocked for winter on a personal need basis. Prices are really going to jump hard...if not on your shelves, get it there. You'll be glad you did. Doing what I do, I see these increases!! Some shampoo went up $1 each in yesterday's foray...yes, already on shelf! Paper products and food...you'll need a bank loan to afford. :rolleyes: It's just absurd what all these backups will cause and we will be taken advantage of! Spring will find us all searching and growing stuff. Animal feed is already Closing in on 50% increase, not done yet!

With that bad news....I'd better get to work!!!! I'll need the $$$ :lol::lol:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't know about you guys but I'm pretty well stocked for winter on a personal need basis. Prices are really going to jump hard...if not on your shelves, get it there. You'll be glad you did.
Agree! We recently had a smallish hurricane come through and my only prep was to fill any empty gas cans for the generator. We don't participate in that last minute rush to the grocery store. We just go to the pantry!

Animal feed is already Closing in on 50% increase, not done yet!
Definitely time to streamline the herd and flocks. So, why did I just add a whole lot of feathers to my flocks? 50ish baby quail and 15 chick and ducks? Sheesh.... Temporary feed increase as most are destined for the freezer.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
46 degrees F. No the furnace isn't on yet.... kids are moving slow. High is 70, love fall weather. Had rain most the week but it's looking like it'll be dry today. So mowing day. Got feed yesterday and cages cleaned. DS has been helping clean the trays, it's great.

Latest posts