Coffee anyone ?

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry y'all got Covid, but glad that it is a light case. Evil stuff.
It really is! Even having had it once (hubby brought it home from work), and being vax'ed in May... it's no fun.

My energy is coming back, getting stronger daily. I have to sit down and rest while doing outside things, so I keep lawn chairs in various places. Always kept them out for BJ and would make him sit down. My step counter always went from 3-5 miles, not even busting a mile now, but I'll get there. You will feel better too, just don't over do it.
I'm glad you're taking care of you! I don't know many who make sure to give themselves the breaks they need. I hope you keep getting better and are back at full strength soon!!

My avatar is the beautiful blue eye of my purest white cremello gelding Joe, the love of my life. My husband bought him for me just months after we married 25 years ago. He had Cushings and we finally had to put him down last year. We hugged each other and bawled like babies. Joe was 32 years old. He carried me many a mile, safe to put anybody on. The joke was Joe had two speeds, slow and stop. :lol: For me, he liked a brisk trop or gallop, but he didn't do much for anybody else. I did all the things you aren't supposed to do, like let him graze while riding, but what the heck. If he saw a lovely patch of grass, we might be there for awhile. :gig

I'll be watching your journal for updates on your gelding.
Joe sounds wonderful! He is the kind of horse I was looking for before I found Luke's donkey posse. Something quiet for the kiddos. But they'll have just as much fun with a herd of donkeys... and they cost about the same to feed, lol. I'm really excited to try that forage based feed, it sounds ideal. I've always figured closest to an animals natural diet is probably gonna = healthiest. I also can't wait to take Luke on the trails. He is NOTHING like Joe (under saddle) though. I will not have peaceful trail rides, munching grass. It'll be him prancing and begging and pulling until I let him book it as far as possible. He's gentle with the kiddos, but he knows I can handle a good run. And won't take no for an answer. It is quite the upper body work out keeping him from running himself to death. :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
October is my favorite month of the year for riding. After the summer heat, it is cool, brisk without being cold or hot, the clearest bluest skies and beautiful. Gonna miss that this year. Doubt I'll have a horse next year, but I still have my saddles! LOL

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
October is my favorite month of the year for riding. After the summer heat, it is cool, brisk without being cold or hot, the clearest bluest skies and beautiful. Gonna miss that this year. Doubt I'll have a horse next year, but I still have my saddles! LOL
I agree! And easier to cool out after all the running, lol. Who knows, maybe you'll end near one you can borrow/ride out with someone? 🤞

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
eyes wide open at 3:30 AM. Finally got up. Coffee is ready, and Eggo! LOL Getting tired of those things, they are almost gone. My son came in Friday and has stayed the weekend. This morning I have to deliver half a hog. We just never got it delivered due to her work schedule, then we got sick. Will get that done this morning. Then I'm going to have half a hog to split with DD and family. Won't be raising hogs or meat chickens next year. Luckily I have most of a side of beef in the freezer and just me, it should last. I have some chicken, and catfish from the guy we swapped chicken for fish, pound for pound. So I should be ok until I can get back in the swing of things.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay you'll be fine. Hardest is learning to cook less. Plus pkg in smaller portions. I've found divided containers to use for meals as opposed to soups. Helps me have both meat and veggies to heat up in one tray. Great to be able to heat and eat several days! So those big meals don't go to waste.

Lowering the open windows last night made it very nice at get up this morning...cool, but not chilled. :) having coffee, listening to weather for week. My usual morning. I need to decide what I want to do today...and my coming week. Seems we'll have 3 days of mid 80s -- starting today -- then into mid seventies. Possible light rains with the front. Sounds ok, gives me insight into what to do when.

Rode the tractor a while yesterday, did 3 loads of wash/dry/fold, and ran dishwasher. Of course, chores...cleaned and refilled all waterers. Productive, enjoyable, refreshing day! Loved it!!

A friend and coworker let me know she's car shopping after a deer went through windshield of her SUV earlier in week. Bent up the roof midway and a hoof hit her face, giving her a busted lip. She was bruised and swollen like she'd been in a fight. They totaled her SUV. Something many of us worry about....deer crashing! It happens.

Everyone stay safe! Have a great day....:frow

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Is this the second time y'all have had Covid?
My husband works for the county, has to go to people's homes. Back in January he brought it home from work, he and I both had a mild (for Covid) case. Then we got vaccinated this spring. And last month my oldest brought the Delta variant home from his dad's (they don't social distance at all. sigh). So the kids had it back to back. And then hubby and I caught it. It was the body aches and stomach cramps and runny nose variety. I hate to imagine what it would've been like without the vaccine, because it wasn't fun, even with all the antibodies we should've already had ready to go from prior exposure. But we were definitely lucky either way, it never became anything serious for anybody. At this point, the worst thing left is we're STILL on quarantine.. and it's been almost a month. I'm so stir crazy.
(We live in a suburb of a major city, so numbers are higher here and it's harder to make sure to keep space and stuff. One major perk of the farm is the numbers are almost nonexistent there.)

Today is more research. Still no close date for our farm. So i can't order any parts/supplies/wood. Can't go get tools and such because we're on quarantine. Can't go for a walk. And it's raining! I might order a month of the homeschool organizing app i wanted to try... I said I wasn't going to try it till things quieted down after we get the horses on the farm... but the next couple days might be a good time to mess around with it. lol.

@minihorses I hope your friend is ok! I was in a wreck like that as a kid... it's no fun! Hopefully she gets a nice car out of it?

I hope everyone has a great day. :frow

Latest posts