Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Made BLT's and fried eggplant for supper last night. A few nights ago I fried up some puffball mushrooms. Kid's loved it. We have them growing in the yard. Still mild temps, so we'll take it. I did get one buck of apples canned into applesauce. But out of regular sized lids... but a friend has extras. I have plenty of wide mouthed jars... but very few wide mouth jars. Plenty of the regular sized jars.
Might pick tomatoes to dehydrate.

@Alaskan barefoot! Couldn't afford to shoe 8 ponies/horses plus I think it's healthier.
IMG_0400.JPG

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Got my first cuppa... and am about to engage in the dreaded make believe with the babe. (i have always hated make believe... can't wait to go forest exploring instead!) :hide

He's working on potty training so its a rigid 30m prompts for peeing so we don't go through 465 pair of underwear! lol. He does great naked, but the underwear are confusing. :fl He's not a fan of prompts, just wants to be naked! But at 2yo with a size 6 butt.... he needs to be done with diapers. They don't come big enough for his chunk! (not at an affordable price anyways) He's gonna be potty trained before he talks at this rate!:lol:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Made BLT's and fried eggplant for supper last night. A few nights ago I fried up some puffball mushrooms. Kid's loved it. We have them growing in the yard. Still mild temps, so we'll take it. I did get one buck of apples canned into applesauce. But out of regular sized lids... but a friend has extras. I have plenty of wide mouthed jars... but very few wide mouth jars. Plenty of the regular sized jars.
Might pick tomatoes to dehydrate.

@Alaskan barefoot! Couldn't afford to shoe 8 ponies/horses plus I think it's healthier.
View attachment 87834
I agree.

The percheron we had came with bad shoed feet. We had him go barefoot. It was interesting to see the hoof wall grow thicker and healthier. Barefoot is so much better. Easier to fully clean put the feet too if any hot or injury happens.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Got my first cuppa... and am about to engage in the dreaded make believe with the babe. (i have always hated make believe... can't wait to go forest exploring instead!) :hide

He's working on potty training so its a rigid 30m prompts for peeing so we don't go through 465 pair of underwear! lol. He does great naked, but the underwear are confusing. :fl He's not a fan of prompts, just wants to be naked! But at 2yo with a size 6 butt.... he needs to be done with diapers. They don't come big enough for his chunk! (not at an affordable price anyways) He's gonna be potty trained before he talks at this rate!:lol:
We just had the kids wear a big shirt in the house... naked bottom. or commando and overalls in public.

No underwear or they would pee themselves. Took maybe 6 months of going commando.

But... overalls are great. They keep the bottom nice and "free" so kid remembers not to pee himself.

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Alaskan overalls are an interesting idea... He is already doing better about underwear. But I'll have to keep baggy + commando in mind 😁

Hubby got up this am to messages from the tenant downstairs that their ceiling was leaking, and had collapsed. So I got to climb out on the roof of their bedroom (1 story extension) and staple a tarp down till we can get a roofer out. Ugh. I HATE roofs. Almost as much as I hate ladders. I ended up climbing out the bedroom window that is over their roof in order to avoid the ladder. :lol: but I got it done. I need to make myself a list of maintenance tasks and schedule them in my calendar. Especially for the new house. Clearly hubby either doesn't know or can't organize himself to stay on top of them.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Do you all just have one laundry basket?? We have three... Plus a sorter in the laundry room. One laundry basket for dirty laundry, that gets emptied into the sorter every couple of days. The other two baskets are for clean laundry, they sit there until we decide to fold laundry. Some days we do actually fold on the same day the clothes are cleaned.
Everyone in the house has their own basket and is responsible for what’s in it. I started washing my own when we had a buck in rut, I was the only one who could handle the smell of my laundry lol!
Now clean clothes get moved between bed and chair until I finally decide to take the ten minutes to fold. Now that we don’t have a buck sometimes I’ll just toss my favorite clothes in somebody else’s load so I don’t have to do laundry that week.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We're having rain "here and there" 🙄 so it goes...very overcast. Well working today, so matters little what's going on out there. One store all day. Hoping weekend clears but, now saying rain and clearing Mon. Hope FedEx decides to find and deliver my order, now 4 days late delivery -- even after the additional 4 days delay at pick up. 😔🙁🤪:he

Delivery delays are real!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I slept until 6! Better than the midnight or the 3 AM when my eyes fly open. Having first cup of coffee. On my agenda today is to make a load of throwaway stuff over to Jimmy's, my neighbor with the 20 yard roll off box. I have a gob of feed sacks in the portable building. And I'm sure I can snag a few more things along the way.