Coffee anyone ?

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today Paris will join him and be buried in the woods next to Joe, my heart horse. Too much damned sadness and grief around here.
I’m so sorry Dana. It’s the hardest thing in the world. It’s the right thing though.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today!
We are awake, we will go back to bed. Gigi left at 6:00. She’s back at 5;00. Probably a bath today so that dad gets more time with the cows. Then back to sleep for a bit. Then go give instructions to mom on the nursery while a sit on the rocking chair.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I'm so very very sorry.

New internet wasn't working this morning, called tech services. Talked to a local person... no luck so she put on a list to have someone else call.... IDK it's working now. Hoping it keeps it up. DH pointed out to me that we do have another phone jack...so all is well with that.
Need to touch up some bunny tattoos, make a science test, do school then 7! bunnies to transporter.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I guess you have to keep busy somehow whiling away the months and years before you will actually be schooling kids :)

There are lots of methods from "create your own" to correspondence. Most likely you'll have to prove to the local school system that what you are doing meets the requirements. Clearly easier when you can just say "I'm using the Oak Meadow courses" since they will likely already know they meet the standards.

As far as "filling the day" I think one of the things that homeschoolers like is that you don't HAVE to fill the day. If the kid "gets it" there isn't any reason to beat a dead horse for an hour. If they are having trouble grasping something else, you can cover it as long and as often as necessary.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
As far as "filling the day" I think one of the things that homeschoolers like is that you don't HAVE to fill the day. If the kid "gets it" there isn't any reason to beat a dead horse for an hour. If they are having trouble grasping something else, you can cover it as long and as often as necessary.
That sounds amazing!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was awake at 4 AM too. What is wrong with us? :barnie We should be sleeping! I have finished my coffee. Got a Dr appointment this morning for lab work, then back next week for results and check up. I've only been to a Dr twice in the past 10 years, time to check me out. Get knees x-rayed and see if anything is going on with the rest of me.

I have 5 old gel batteries in the truck, Auto Zone will give me a $10 in store credit for them. No salvage yard wanted them, because they only want the lead-acid type. At least I don't have to pay to get rid of them. I'll give the credit to Robert, he helps me so much. Then to Goodwill to drop off a bunch of stuff that is in my way. Then I'll have space to drag out MORE stuff and keep, burn or get rid of.

Then on to the used book store, to see if they will give me anything for some books or just take them off my hands. Turn around, go to Home Depot for paint and supplies. Go to Sam's Club to buy a full and twin sized mattress, then home and unload. Next week I'll go to the "new" house , paint bedrooms, set up full bunkbed in one bedroom and twin in another. Spend 2 days painting, then come home.

At 4:20 I have a vet appointment to put Paris, my 13 year old Great Pyrenees, down. She is down in her back end, I can't watch her flop around, trying to get up and drag herself around. She was doing ok, not good, but ok, and she just went downhill. It's time. It will be very hard, BJ was her favorite, she loved him above all else. Paris hasn't understood why her Daddy no longer feeds and cares for her. BJ passed away 1 month ago today. Today Paris will join him and be buried in the woods next to Joe, my heart horse. Too much damned sadness and grief around here.
What colors are you painting the rooms?

I love color, but I know this is supposed to be a rental or sold or some such.... so will you just stick with dover white?