Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
AC neighbor is mad at me. He told me to use his 20 yard dumpster, so I did. He got upset because it is only dumped 4 times a year and it was full a month before the scheduled dump. I put some broken lawn chairs in it, so obviously it was all my fault. Haven’t spoken since. He didn’t even come to BJs memorial. So conundrum here. Do I call him for help? Do I call him for recommendations for a heating repairman?

His wife was coming over to buy a cedar chest and didn’t show or call. I texted the next day and she went off on me. So I didn’t contact her again.

So do I really want to call him? Not really. Do I want a whallopping big repair bill? Not really. Going to get down in the 30’s at night this weekend, heat might be nice to have.

NOT having a fun time here!
They sure got bent out of shape fast...

I would make a baked good of your choice..

And carry it over... say sorry for putting in the chairs... guess those were to big...

Could we be friends again?

And.... about my AC....

But yeah... first check all stuff @frustratedearthmother suggested.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is the electric panel breaker and, some units have a breaker within them? So maybe you will get lucky and just need to reset. Maybe a mouse chewed a wire somewhere....just saying, possible a small fix....thermostat control on wall? Or such. Hoping so for you. Is this a central heat pump unit and you've been using ac portion?

We'll, today it's overcast....fits with a dental apptment today. 😔. I'm getting a cap soon, like within the month. This is a different dentist on my plan as first was just "so busy" I just couldn't get in!! They had cancelled a couple aptmts, reset times way out and not good. Anyway, I got annoyed and switched. So, probably a look see and set apptmt. They assure they can get me in to do. Yr end I loose all $ available, start over for 2022 use. Since enough to pay in full, I want to use this! Lost last yrs funds at other dental office as they "had no time". 🤨. Not in pain but, tooth is chipping away 😁. Old teeth!

That seems all I have planned for day. Coolish in 40s, some rain threatening over next couple days. Always work here to do. Something will happen, somewhere. 👍

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
OW!

Mooooom, @Alaskan slapped me and I didn't do nuffin to deserve it!!!
;)

DS left blinkers on.
I am ALWAYS accidentally turning the tractor blinkers on, usually without even realizing it. Wish the control was not near my left knee or at least had some sort of guard over it.

So time to get cut back and cleaned off.
The goats eat the leaves but not the vines? Silly critters, that is their job, eating brush and other unpalatable plants!!

Maybe a mouse chewed a wire somewhere....just saying, possible a small fix
Small to fix but maybe HUGE to find!

Good luck Bay. I wonder why your AC neighbor is so thin skinned. He said you could use it and all you did was toss in a couple of lawn chairs which filled it up?? Is it bigger than a 96 gallon trash barrel? ;) He COULD always take the chairs out and put them on top the day prior to it getting emptied.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
New dentist is great! Drive to that office wasn't 😲. I don't go to that area often anymore, and boy, the road construction!!!! Hardly know where you are. So, after this, will go to their closer office, just took appointment there that was open. Anyway...they have equipment with IT that amazed me. Actually used a hand held cam to scan your teeth and there on screen it was like they took your teeth out to review. Boy, coffee stains! 😂🤣🤣 So I go this Friday for cleaning AND prep for cap, placing temp. Following Fri the permanent one gets applied. After first of yr will sched for other one to be done. Really liked the people and treatment.

During my travels I had to go off the torn up interstate -- I swear this has been ongoing for 10 years! -- and thru areas of city where "progress" has built up to a point that I hardly recognized the places I'd driven through and around for years. Since my time out of there it has been made into a totally different city! I was transported to a different world. Wow!! What an eye opener!! 🙄😲🤣😲😲. Coming home, I began getting my head back on about my previous city life and bit the bullet of reality-- that I've lived out here for 21 years now and hadn't had mom to visit back there for over 10 yrs. Time sure flies....right? What a wake up call !!!!!!

Really jerked me around. I was happy to get back to my quiet farm life. The only noise and crowding were the goats and chickens. The little old minis followed me quietly to their feed trough, with just a few soft nickers of thanks. Big city and small town are 360 apart. Alas, I have at least 2 more visits to endure.🙄. But I will take a less eventful route close to their facility on those trips, now that I have my bearings on it all. I could not live around there now. Nope, no way. 😔 a country hermit I'll be.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Yes, I checked breakers. Finally got unit to come on but it was barely blowing. I know the heat doesn’t blow as hard as AC but warm air was barely trickling out.

I did not call a$$hole neighbor. They wanted BJ to marry them in March. So we ordained him on the internet and he did their ceremony. And they didn’t even show him the respect of attending his memorial. My life is just fine without them in it.

I called a repairman. The capacitor on the blower was almost done. It tested very weak, so he replaced it. Checked some other things. Bill was $116. I’m good with that.

This morning I’m going to a town up above Dallas to purchase a registered ewe. 10 months old, ready to breed, but related to both rams, so owner sent me a text. I had inquired months ago, delighted to have opportunity to take this girl home.

Robert is going with me. He’s been down with a kidney stone, restricted to not doing anything and about to drive his wife crazy. So I’m taking him off her hands so she can have some quiet time. LOL After discussion about which truck to take, we chose his. It already has a camper shell on it, mine would mean taking railed off, putting camper shell on, then taking it back off. Nah.

Y’all have a great day!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice you have a passenger to accompany you on a long drive -- plus container already on the truck. No doubt his wife was encouraging!! 🙃. Sometimes we need alone time. 😁💓 Waiting on ewe pics.

Total gray, overcast sky today...it's dull out there. Light sprinkly rains, heavier in NC and since I'm close to that end of front, it's iffy. Mostly inside day! It's fine, I'll do more box sorting out. Have trash bags at the ready!!! I've been pretty good with tossing, so far. At some point I'll have an area for my sewing set up again, downstairs.

Happily drinking my coffee! Feeling good that I have only rain, not snow like many of you. Hard to imagine dealing with that for a few months vs a few grumbling days! 👍

Two days ago I opened back door at night and encountered a possum. Yesterday morning, I dumped him for buzzard feed. Last night, had to hay in dark, so see his full bro out there hiding at the goat barn...today, he'll be placed with his brother. 🙁. These things need to stay away from here!! They're destructive! Not welcome.

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was a chilly 33 this morning. Cloudy and grey but only a spit of snow flurries and gone. Partly cloudy now with some sun coming through but low 40's. Going to get the chicken stuffed and in the oven in a bit. Looking to see what else I could make to go in oven to utilize the cooking time effectively. Will use up most of the bread crusts for the stuffing so no bread pudding. Also going to get another box unpacked and sorted through. Time for me to be doing this.

I am sore from PT yesterday but going to do some exercises in a little bit too. Gotta work on the right knee and the accompanying muscles and tendons and ligaments. Sure wish they would stretch a bit so they felt like the left knee...
Too chilly to be outside for anything....