Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have abe greatly enjoyed our hotspot, through AT&T. But then, I don't pay for it... it is a homeschool thing...

However, the internet is great, super fast. It is a netgear box. I know some people here in Alaska have issues getting good coverage... and so get a netgear device that can be connected to an exterior antenna.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll check out ATT!! Carrier not important, just workability! Will find a store for them.

Next week I have a FULL week of job assignments. Gonna be hard to adjust after 8 weeks of not much. 🤫🙄. Bank account might smile, I might or not. 🙃. Along with the flat tire on tractor yesterday, I have a hydraulic issue with backhoe....have to check but, not sure if a hose/connector OR one of the cylinder pumps (?). Hose would be a lot less $$....like 30 vice 300. 😲 That will be a couple week away fix. What next???!

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm up, not at 'em. Exhausted, but can't stop. I fell asleep in my recliner last night, woke up at midnight and went to bed. woke up this morning at 7. Have had my coffee, contemplating getting dressed and getting the party started. Got more outside stuff to load on the truck. Don't have anything boxed up to go in the cab. Maybe I can cram a recliner in the back seat. Have to load SOMETHING in the bed of the truck, can't abide empty space.

Son in law is on the way to get the piano. I have to dig it out from all the crap piled around it. He'll be here around 4. He will have help loading it, friends from when they lived here before.

I'll leave early in the morning, come back Saturday evening.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Their decision sucks to not support my old phone!
No company is supporting 3G after this year. Verizon isn't pulling the plug until the end of the year. Others are doing it this month or next. I imagine there are only so many "technologies" they can support on a tower at a time and 4G is common, 5G coming if not already on the tower.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll check out ATT!! Carrier not important, just workability! Will find a store for them.

Next week I have a FULL week of job assignments. Gonna be hard to adjust after 8 weeks of not much. 🤫🙄. Bank account might smile, I might or not. 🙃. Along with the flat tie on tractor yesterday, I have a hydraulic issue with backhoe....have to check but, not sure if a hose/connector OR one of the cylinder pumps (?). Hose would be a lot less $$....like 30 vice 300. 😲 That will be a couple week away fix. What next???!
This is the one we have (well... ours is many years old... but it looks the same)

SmartSelect_20220113-094652_Samsung Internet.jpg

From https://www.att.com/buy/connected-d...e-mobile-hotspot-router-512gb-steel-gray.html

Through the homeschool deal it is 149.99 to buy, and then 46 a month for unlimited and super fast for as many devices as we want to connect. All the kids, and I, can be watching movies/ playing high graphic games with zero lag.

It is as good as an AT&T cell phone... so... if your cell phone doesn't get good reception at the house, then you need a hotspot that can be connected to an exterior antenna. I can't remember if this one can be...

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well actually carrier DOES matter! A given carrier may have sh1t service at your house and another might have a very strong signal. For example our TracFones use Verizon, we are lucky to get a single bar at the house but if we drive 2 miles to a parallel street on the other side of the "hills" behind our house, full strength signal. There is a tower 3/4 mile from our house on our road, might be AT&T.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
My service for phones is great! The Dish is satellite and that receiver technology is sometimes lacking...they don't upgrade often. I have a desk computer and tablet that I use in house and at work. Don't had data on tablet so, unless free wifi, no net at stores I work. The hot spot would allow me to have service and at home could divertart cost of Dish to the hotspot device. It's not a huge issue but a consolidation. I know a smartphones can supply internet, just not wanting that one, yet.

Up way to early but, woke up. Only job today is fix tractor tire. 😳. That's enough!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Set alarm for 5, woke up at 3, gave up and got up at 4. :tongue On my second cup of coffee. I'll be outside at daylight, feed dogs, feed, water and hay the sheep. Then make like cow plop and hit the trail, going to Groveton. I'll unload, drag nasty carpet out of bedroom, paint 3rd coat of paint on trim in living room, paint window sills and hang drapes I bought. Start cleaning my bedroom and getting it ready to paint, hang drywall in a few places and put down floor tile, but that's next week's chores.

Unload truck and trailer! Call propane place to come set tank, run line and put propane in tank for one day next week.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spiking everywhere. Yesterday they reported nearly 2,000 here in VT for Wednesday. Don't see an update on the web page for the cases yesterday. (ETA, found it, nearly 2,300). The highest was nearly 3,000 on the 7th.

Last edited: