Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Also excuse to make them help.
:yesss:

I have Carhart overall and coat. They block the wind.
Carhartt makes good stuff. I just bought some "ripstop" pants to see if they hold up to "farm work" longer than my LL Bean jeans. Of course if I don't use the Bean jeans I'll lose my "farmer" moniker since they have always been my "hand me downs" from "clothes in decent enough shape to go to town". Might not be a fair comparison using brand new "work clothes".

His mother wants us to go in to land with them. We tend to be Leary on anything in that area for good reason.
That would be nuts ... IMO. His family is far too whacked to consider doing anything in concert with them financially.

Phooey on winter!
There MAY be a reason house sales are a lot lower in the winter in certain parts of the country.

start again in morning downstairs stay around 76 with it goin
76°?? Far too hot in the winter!!!
Tolerable in the summer.

And the BIGGEST thing is.... these SUV's are touted to go anywhere, in anything
But Jan, they have All Season Tires!! Of course they can go anywhere, in anything :lol: :gig

If he had tried to make me do a parallel park I think I would have asked him if he was crazy.....you couldn't see the curbs with the snow....
That would be DW's test, he didn't ask her to parallel park for that very reason.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Jesusfreak101 ; so glad to see you post. Sorry that you are feeling the lack of animal therapy... believe me I get it too. Maybe not today... with 15 degrees and blowing frigid snow....

I have to fully agree with @Bruce ... going in with anyone in his family is just going to be another headache and a heartache, for you down the road from all that you have shared with us over the past couple of years. Getting out of the whole scope of influence is probably going to be the only sane sensible thing you could do. You have to think of your own mental health, and of the kids as they grow up. They deserve you to be the best person you can be, and you are not going to be able to achieve that if you are still tied to the insane shenanigans they have inflicted upon you in the past.
I lived in an apt in town for about a year with my dog that had never been inside a fenced yard, and rented a small pasture for the animals I could not bear to part with... just to get things to where I could go to a better place.... we both survived it and were better for it in the long run... I realize that you have several kids as opposed to me being by myself... but still..... you do what you have to if you want it to be better down the road.
Hoping that your DH's 7 day weeks and long hours is helping to build up a "start again fund".....is there someone that you can trade babysitting with for a few hours so each of you could get just a little "me time" to collect your thoughts and "collapse" for a little bit???? I belonged to a babysitting co-op when my son was small, just to be able to have a little time to myself once a week or two....with not having much money for anything except barely paying the bills so trade off's were doable....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce ... yep, those all season tires will take you anywhere, through anything, over hill and dale through 2 feet of snow.... with a totally clueless person at the wheel who has no idea of what driving in snow is all about..... you have them up there too I am sure... but they have to learn up there, or have to stay in because snow is alot more common there...... here we just get the stupid ones that don't seem to learn from the few times they see it....

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good Morning All!
It's raining/sleeting/snowing here too, so everything is all shut down. The animals are all fed and taken care of and we're all stuck in the house...

Dan blood pressure cuff heaad.jpg

...after a long night of a kid up and down from a nightmare. Time to clean out the freezer and make some bone soup.

(not the child with the nightmare, btw, just another illustration of my genetics hard at work)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
A few flakes blew around for about half hour....then sprinkles off and on. Heavy rain with winds later. 🤷 Stayed busy by making a pan of lasagna....made a chocolate loaf cake which smells great but, haven't tried because I've been testing each pan of coconut macaroons as they came from oven. 😂😱 Trying to be productive. Dishwasher going now. Taking a break then I'll do something. Boring.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A few flakes blew around for about half hour....then sprinkles off and on. Heavy rain with winds later. 🤷 Stayed busy by making a pan of lasagna....made a chocolate loaf cake which smells great but, haven't tried because I've been testing each pan of coconut macaroons as they came from oven. 😂😱 Trying to be productive. Dishwasher going now. Taking a break then I'll do something. Boring.
It just started raining here. Crazy weather cold all day Saturday high was maybe 28 near 40 now and gonna get warmer.
Rains better than shoveling.
Mini your lucky I get in trouble testing cookies:rantDW catches me everytime.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been colder than ......put in whatever you can think of that is in the negative column. It is staying between 14 and 15 on the outside thermometer... started flurries before 10 and snowing like all get out by noon. Wind blowing... colder than cold... not blizzard but bad. Hope the calves are all on the leeward side of the round bales. It is really miserable out there. I went out and put cardboard on the windshield so not so much ice to scrape when I finally do have to go somewhere.
Put a big bowl of baked beans in the oven.... took some stuff out of the freezer for a few meals and did a load of delicate laundry to hang inside for the humidity as it dries.
Next plan to fold clothes from off the line the other day and maybe watch a movie.... Got a million other things I can do.....got a few things into the "spice cupboard" too....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Winds!!!! Wow! Steady at 30 and gusts were measured 40.....per nearby weather station. It sounds like a hurricane out there. Rains pretty much gone, wish this wind was. It's wake you up stuff, howling. 😳☹️. Hope trees don't go down on power lines somewhere. I'd hate to have a power out. Doesn't sound like I could walk to the generator in this. 🤫🤷. We've had 2" of rain at 4:30 when I went out in the raining to feed. Of course everyone was in barns waiting, not coming out in rain! 🤣🤣🙄. Certain @farmerjan got worse....snow!!! Maybe still falling.🤷

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's Monday. Still tired from last week, starting new week of working on Groveton house. I did as much of nothing yesterday, as I could. Saving my energy, LOL Going to Kilz walls, paint, lay vinyl floor tile. Chris the carpenter is going to tape and float, texture, pull up carpet, tack strips, do the bag of floor leveler stuff and probably a lot of things I know nothing about. Got propane company coming Thursday to set the tank, run lines and hook up the range top. I dropped the trailer, don't even have a load on the truck. I may throw something on the truck, may not. Don't really care.

Y'all have a great week!