Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning! Going to Lufkin today, got a list. Going to go look at portable buildings, I want a battery operated weed eater, the batteries will interchange with my chain saw. Need dog food, few other things.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Power lost last night about 8pm...back on couple hrs later. I just went to bed. Lights on woke me. 🤨. Reset stove and MW clocks this morning. That and coffee is about as far as I've gotten! :lol: might get something going in a while.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all, nothing really new here school, inside and outside chores . All going well as can,be for now. Dh is still out of town working really getting tired of that in some ways but that is what it its for now. Going to keep working on cleaning and organizing. Need to mow, take trash to dumpster, work on the garden some more.. hmm what else.... laundry needs to be folded and put way along with washing some loads. . Need to clean bathrooms sweep mop oh and dust.... all that involves getting out of bed which is warm and comfortable this morning... hmm 😒 gonna get moving i suppose cant be a potato all day ...

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Corid Anyone? I suppose I could start a thread but am looking for a quick answer. Should LGDs drink water dosed with corid for the sheep? Dogs outweigh sheep by about 10-15 lbs. Dogs are healthy but I’m seeing some funky bums in the flock. Can lambs drink the water dosed for adults? I usually dose individually but treating bunks would be much easier this time.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Corid has a huge leeway... very safe for most any animal.... What are you treating for? Just "funky bums" is pretty vague... Do you suspect something specific? I only use it for coccidiosis... But it does change the flora in the gut tract.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Corid has a huge leeway... very safe for most any animal.... What are you treating for? Just "funky bums" is pretty vague... Do you suspect something specific? I only use it for coccidiosis... But it does change the flora in the gut tract.
I’ve had coccidiosis in the flock in the past and this year’s conditions were/are good for it. Two ewes are symptomatic. The others have a lingering grass scour (my term for the flops they develop when on lush pasture). I’m worming as well.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
At 2am I am investigating barking LGDs. Komondor cross presents me with a lamb. After a few minutes of bumbling around searching for who done it (I had no idea anyone was due) I gave up and brought it to the house. Opened up my birthing kit to find the iodine had leaked all over everything including the tubes of colostrum. Did manage to locate formula and make small batch. Little Lamb-o having been thoroughly cleaned by the dog was ready for breakfast which the dog apologetically couldn’t provide hence barking and yodeling. Hubbs wakes up offering something that sounded like “Mmrrrff”. Lamb fed now feels just fabulous and is exploring and peeing. Finally put in a large dog chow bin where it bonks and bumps and bleats. For. Two. Hours. Herman Munster style. Our house is quite small so we hear all that clearly. Or I do because Retired means I fall on my sword and sit up with critter issues. Leo is scandalized and plotting something. It’s quiet. I’m grabbing a nap.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good dog! Hope you find a mom who claims it! So much easier🤗

All alarms were off except that internal one. So up and having coffee. Was home 5 days and it was nice to relax a little from rushing around....worked yesterday, that's it until Monday. Of course raining all weekend. Off and on. But at least 3 more days home.😊. Tomorrow is goat auction day. I'm gonna go, see what's there, visit people! Socialize.

It would be perfect if the sun would join me. Probably not happening. 🙄

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve got coffee for ya’ @Blue Sky . After waking up to be a new Lammy Grammy, you need it!
Limping on good knee, stumbled over something in container yesterday morning, did full face plant on floor. Banged knee, elbow, lip and forehead. I cried, cussed and had a general meltdown. Put up tools and limped to house. Stayed in recliner rest of day. Rubbed knee with Arnicare, couple more times, this morning swelling is down, still hurts but not as bad. No bump on head, fat lip swelling is gone, elbow ok.

Going to Galveston this morning. A friend is catering a wedding, asked me and her mom to help. We don’t have to serve, just set it up in the morning and leave. Be back Sunday afternoon.

Y’all have a great weekend!