Coffee anyone ?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Blue Sky how is she this morning?
Tongue is much smaller but not very pliable. I worry that she can’t drink. The sedation has worn off and she’s wagging her tail. I was up and down with her last night. I believe she might have been hunting voles in the pasture and disturbed a snake in or near a vole burrow. Still could be insect stings, but voles, rabbits and squirrels are an LGD pastime here even though I feed the dogs like kings. Snakes are bad this year.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sadly, I ran over a big black snake while mowing... must've run right over the head as it looked squished... and not cut all up... it was over 4 ft long... I hated that I killed it. They keep the mice down... I can easily tolerate the black snakes as long as they don't get into chickens/chicks/eggs...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh, I saw first snake of the year.🐍 It was sunning on red dirt near kids digger zone. It went under the house.😱
Not sure what kind other than light browm with darker pattern.
Rat snake. AKA chicken snake.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh, I saw first snake of the year.🐍 It was sunning on red dirt near kids digger zone. It went under the house.😱
Not sure what kind other than light browm with darker pattern.
@Margali
I used to be really afraid of snakes, spiders, scorpions, bats and 🤷‍♀️ caged birds. Sooo I moved to rural Texas 🤣. The first few years were a constant Yikes!! Learning to identify and the habits of potentially dangerous animals helped me decide what would be a problem and what wouldn’t. As you know my dog was bitten by a snake and nearly died. But in nearly 20 years of shepherding there have only been two bites and Sophie the only serious one.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning. Hubbs made a pot of coffee before he left bless him. Sophie had a hearty breakfast as did Lambster. Neither are quite %100 yet but both look good. On the moving front our Seller continues to colic, waffling on written agreements, not answering questions (how can you NOT know what kind of septic system you have living at a place for nearly 10 years?) and generally being unhelpful. We will have a Conversation with the realtors later today, meaning we have a number two choice and are considering it.

Latest posts