Coffee anyone ?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is AWESOME! Only second to the electric chainsaw on the Dang, I should have gotten this 10 years ago" scale. It didn't hurt my bad knee or ankles at all to push it.

Last edited:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule
Are there porcupines in east Texas?
I think there are.... are you worried about your dog messing with them?

We have a bunch of "prickly pigs" up here, and everyone agrees... either your dog gets quills once and only once..... or... he gets them every blasted time a porcupine gets within a mile radius of your house.

Glory to God! I have only had dogs that get them once!

By the way... very glad your dog has survived the snake bite!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't think they liked warmer weather... there are only a few porcupines that have been reported in the north western part of Va...there are alot in VT.
I know there are some on texas..Texas... but not many... up here they are all over the blasted place... often getting into trouble by chewing up siding and such.

One caused a hotel fire.... got into the crawlspace and chewed up the electrical. Entire place burned down.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think there are.... are you worried about your dog messing with them?

We have a bunch of "prickly pigs" up here, and everyone agrees... either your dog gets quills once and only once..... or... he gets them every blasted time a porcupine gets within a mile radius of your house.

Glory to God! I have only had dogs that get them once!

By the way... very glad your dog has survived the snake bite!
I remember them being called quill pigs when I lived up north. Texas parks and wildlife/A and M college posted a map of porcupine habitation. We are in the clear as long as all porcupines have seen it. Thought I’d ask around. Thanks for the well wishes to Sophie. She’s having a snooze on the tile.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve never seen porcupines in east Texas. I didn’t know there were any in Texas at all.
K, I had to look it up...

Turns out they are native to west and NW Texas.

But... they are expanding their range into Austin and San Antonio....

Which explains why I knew they lived in Texas and you didn't.

They live in MY area of Texas, but not yours!

Latest posts