Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
DD works at Lowes that's 7 miles away. She says it did a whole lot of damage to their garden center. Probably a closed area for a while from structural damage to the frame system out there. It was a whirlwind event! 😳. About 7:45 so, getting dark when it roared in. Guess I'll be looking for stuff in the morning 🤷🤔 calm out there now.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Storm here, it’s gone through, got lots of lightening. I’ve been waking up all night. Wide awake now. Do I want to get up and make coffee? Or try to go back to sleep?

Yesterday evening I put up a shelter for my 3 new ewes. I took a panel from a horse round pen, leaned it against the fence and put a small tarp over it. That scared them silly, they busted through the gate and ran around the pasture. I lured them back with feed.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wet out. Overcast now, sun later, then prob rain....again at dark. Cold front arriving And wants to spend the week! :thso, mid 70s and scattered rain every day. Can't catch a break. All that fresh tilled garden soil...now the grasses cut up will want to keep growing -- well :he -- doesn't feel fair! Haven't been out yet to see if anything to take care of from the storm. Slept poorly. Coffee first. Be strong! 🤣

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Allergies had me up half the night. They really were bad for some reason. No wind or bad weather here. Don't think we got anything. Sorry for your area @Mini Horses; hope it did not do too much damage there at your place. Once they get some things put back together at Lowe's I imagine they will have a discount "damage sale" on plants and such. Still tough on a business.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My daughter and husband bought a concrete house in Corpus Christi, built in late 1950’s. The septic system was clay pipe that went to 2 concrete culverts with no bottom.

$25,000 for new aerobics system.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just came in and just wanted to say that the sky got dark and we got about 15 drops and then it went on past... DS called me to come to barn to work some cattle and his GF sent him a pic of it POURING DOWN so hard they could not see out the door... we didn't get more than the 10-20 drops...

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Easy if it was there when they bought the place. If it hasn't caused any problems, they have no need to know what is there.
Yeah, we didn’t know what kind we had, until we had problems and the septic company had to find a “D box” and then flush out what they called “fingers”. That’s when I learned I had to move some trees I had recently planted right over the septic field.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My daughter and husband bought a concrete house in Corpus Christi, built in late 1950’s. The septic system was clay pipe that went to 2 concrete culverts with no bottom.

$25,000 for new aerobics system.
Why do they have to replace it? Did it stop working?