Coffee anyone ?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems like a good weekend to take the dogs somewhere for a vacation!

I see 4 of them? I hope they don't decide they should get to sleep in bed with you!
July 4 will be so loud and long all five will end up in the master bathroom. The sad fact is that the neighborhood is no longer home to farm and ranch people but to rowdy suburbanites. They either don’t understand or care that their actions endanger others and disturb livestock and people. I’m glad to be moving. This will all be straightened out when the land is subdivided. The Noisies will be in for a surprise.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dog rugs in the floor are comforting. They make me smile. I’ll be on a dead end road with a few neighbors. I doubt any will blow the world up with fireworks.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Popping in because I am not sure of the last time I posted. In the middle of a four day lamb trip, but came home for twelve hours. Already had some adventure. Hopefully I will share it when I get back or when I sleep again in August.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Going to Corpus Christi this morning. DD and husband are leaving when I get there. LOL They sure do miss me and BJ living 7 miles from them. We kept the granddaughters one weekend every month, that doesn’t happen any more! I’ll be back Thursday. Y’all have a great week!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Things were wet from dew but, it's a dry 85 now. Going to 95ish. I'll work a few hours, doing any arrands while out. Save that gas! Will grab some cardboard for garden from stores each day this week....hope to cut that and mulch more when I get home. Maybe even get a few more seeds in the ground. 😁

Enjoy your visit with the girls, Bay. Vaycay time!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have a nice couple days with the grandkids. Yeah, there were alot of perks when you all lived closer. But, one thing, once you get in the new place, and get the knee fixed, and then start to get more mobile, you will be able to have them for more enjoyable visits. And, see if there is an area along the shore of the pond and make a sandy "beach" and then they can swim and all that too!!!!
@Mini Horses ; I am headed to work today... will go early today and make a few stops too. Don't make special trips out if at all possible. I will be out 3 days this week for work, so have a list that I will try to make sure I get it all done in those trips out.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Near Vancouver WA. Where the Columbia River (and Gorge) is up 15.5 feet due to the rain the last few days.
My memory is failing me. Are you currently more east where it is dry as dust?

The Noisies will be in for a surprise.
Yeah, they'll love having more of their kind to make noise with!

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm in Southern OR until July. We moved up in '17 from numerous places in Northern CA. Droughtsville - all of them. We thought it would be better. NOPE.

Where I live near Medford OR, the local water authority recommended not planting a garden this year; switch out your lawns to foundation plants and drips; and clear property 200 feet. Well, I need a garden for my soul and for the golf course deer to attack (rolls eyes), I already took out the front lawn and put in rocks and foundation plants and very large boulders, and I'm on the 4th tee box and the 18th fairway corner, so there is little to no "clearing" to be done. Don't even get me started on smoke every summer since 2018.

Now I'll have 2.6 acres, a huge garden, future chickens and turkeys and ducks, hundreds of moles, on a slight slope, and its been raining so much, today the Columbia River (between Portland and Vancouver) is up now 16' and flooding low lying areas. Now, that is WATER!! I'll take it, thank you very much!

Edited to add: Now I'm near my Grands and actually babysat them for three nights while their parents were in Houston. Grammy is here, kids!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Starting with 78 degrees and rains coming...probably. mid morning and late afternoon. Yep, two shots of wind and rain. I'm not thrilled with that but... :idunno :oops: rain may cool things a little. We're running 10-15 above norm. Feel like was 106 yesterday.

So very hot yesterday that all I accomplished beyond milking and feeding was emptying all the bath warm water tubs to refill! Humid and miserable for everyone!! And it isn't even mid June. 🙄. Could be worse -- thinking positive.

Planning 4-6 days off -- at home -- beginning Friday. :yesss: weather, be good!

Latest posts