Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jury duty is different everywhere. I was called when I was in college. Of course you are called in the county of your primary residence which wasn't where I was at school. Fortunately they moved it to summer because it was NOT going to work!

But it was a PITA. Show up EVERY FREAKING DAY for a month. Sit there reading or playing cards or whatever until they call you for a jury selection - or not (which was more often the case) and you went home at the end of the day. Sometimes I would show up and after a short time they would send everyone home because they weren't drawing juries that day. It was onerous. In So Cal, L.A. County. This was also 45 years ago, it may very well be different now.

But when DW was called here in Vermont some years ago it was once a week for a month and you called in in the morning to see if they needed you to come in.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aw it can’t be that bad. Wouldn’t it be kinda cool? I’ve only sat with a judge a few times when my dad brought me to work with him.
Ordinarily I would agree but I’m packing for a move. Packing up our household stuff, my art studio, then fencing, tools vet stuff and misc detritus of life. Then moving my flock, LGDS and chickens about 80 minutes away. Hubbs is traveling for work. Doesn’t happen til August but I don’t need anything else to do. Hoping for no duty or a deferral.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ordinarily I would agree but I’m packing for a move. Packing up our household stuff, my art studio, then fencing, tools vet stuff and misc detritus of life. Then moving my flock, LGDS and chickens about 80 minutes away. Hubbs is traveling for work. Doesn’t happen til August but I don’t need anything else to do. Hoping for no duty or a deferral.
True that would be difficult to balance

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
But when DW was called here in Vermont some years ago it was once a week for a month and you called in in the morning to see if they needed you to come in.
About like here... for 20 years... you have to call in every night, or once a week after 5....

Do that for a month, then done.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Daylight and a nice 71 temp! Lots to do. Goat auction day, need to decide if I want to go. Probably at least go and look before start time @1. Then decide to stay or go elsewhere...have couple errands in that area...all only 7 miles out, little gas use.

First up this morning is soapy pepper spray on tomatoes! Hornworm spotted!!:barnie then chores...feed and milk. All water topped late yesterday...gonna be mid/upper 80s today and some overcast. Now if we could suck out the humidity!! 😁

Alarm just went off but, I'm already getting second cuppa 🤣up early.

Enjoy your day everyone!! :frow:caf:)

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Harbor Freight sent me coupons! One is 25% off any one item, the other is 20% off any one item. I need a pump to pump son's pond dry so we can clean it out and one is on sale. Plus my coupon and I'll get a good deal on it. Whoop! Going to Harbor Freight this morning!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:bow:clap:weee:weee
Technically I live there.
"Technically"

Is it the address you put on your income tax forms? Is it the county where you are registered to vote? If so that is your residence of record and the other county can't force you to do jury duty in their county. Just let them know you no longer live in the county.

If those things are not true, register to vote in the new county as soon as you legally live there THEN tell the current county you have moved to another county.