Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fence. 🙄 My neighbor is a crop field. No interest in a fence. So mine was installed 6" inside my property line. Now, any owner on that property who wants a fence cannot use mine....without my consent...they'd have to install one on that parcel the entire length of mine that they wanted to use for any animals. 🤷. We are "fence in" in my county. Luckily neighborhood dogs are few, and those well contained. Deer season you have some running but they are intent only on deer -- occasionally just a place to rest. 😊

ETA -- Almost 2:. Weatherman had "suggested" a cold front and rain would be here about noon, cooling things to 80.🤭. It's 92, no clouds, no rain.....HOT!! Glad I ran soaker on tomatoes for 2.5 hrs! Just did cold water in all troughs. Hens barely lay eggs in this heat, they just sit on the nests to relax in the shade :lol: Goats are in barn under fans, siesta time. Maybe I should wire in mood music for all of them! 🤔😥

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The sellers may help put up a shared fence, but I won’t be holding my breath for any financial assistance. They are known in the community to be so stingy and tight, they squeak when they walk. LOL I’ll just be ecstatic over help putting up the fence!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are known in the community to be so stingy and tight, they squeak when they walk. LOL I’ll just be ecstatic over help putting up the fence!
Given you would likely be doing the fence by yourself otherwise, their "donation" of labor is likely more valuable than paying half the cost of the fence. Plus you'll get to know them better than if they just wrote a check. Hopefully y'all get along really well.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Given you would likely be doing the fence by yourself otherwise, their "donation" of labor is likely more valuable than paying half the cost of the fence. Plus you'll get to know them better than if they just wrote a check. Hopefully y'all get along really well.

He used his tractor this morning to unload those 5,700 pounds of 600 T-posts this morning. They were banded in 200 count, then wired in bundles of 5. We broke 2 banded bundles and loaded the wired bundles of 5 on the forks, then dumped them on 4x4 spacers. The last bundle we could chain and move the whole 200.

And yes, you are right, the help of labor means more than the money.

Trailer is empty, I’ll go to Lowes tomorrow for treated 4x4’s and concrete brackets to put up the roof over the patio. Then I’ll start loading everything I can get on it.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
He used his tractor this morning to unload those 5,700 pounds of 600 T-posts this morning. They were banded in 200 count, then wired in bundles of 5. We broke 2 banded bundles and loaded the wired bundles of 5 on the forks, then dumped them on 4x4 spacers. The last bundle we could chain and move the whole 200.

And yes, you are right, the help of labor means more than the money.

Trailer is empty, I’ll go to Lowes tomorrow for treated 4x4’s and concrete brackets to put up the roof over the patio. Then I’ll start loading everything I can get on it.
Be careful in the heat. I’m already taking magnesium and potassium, heat exhaustion and cramps are no joke. I tried to change my driver’s license address. Tried. DPS claims to have returned to normal office services except no. No entrance into the office. Must have an appointment. Can only get an appointment by going to website #1 which directs to website #2. Which tells me my info is wrong when I entered it correctly. I call about my jury summons. Get a person. Who chewed gum loudly. “Moved” may or may not be an acceptable reason. :he
Meanwhile Hubbs (while replacing my iced coffee with decaf) says just throw summons in the trash. That’s what he’s done with every single one he’s ever gotten. No consequences of any kind. So packing at warp speed now.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
IF jury duty is by city or county I don't think they can force you, nor should you be ABLE, to serve on a jury in a city or county where you do not live.

And DH might be playing with fire if they decide to come after him, even after you move.
"Failing to show up can lead to a fine of up to $1,000 and up to six months of jail time.” Even if you’re given an opportunity to explain why you skipped out on jury duty, it’s still in the judge’s prerogative to punish you with fines and incarceration, Rice points out."

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
IF jury duty is by city or county I don't think they can force you, nor should you be ABLE, to serve on a jury in a city or county where you do not live.

And DH might be playing with fire if they decide to come after him, even after you move.
"Failing to show up can lead to a fine of up to $1,000 and up to six months of jail time.” Even if you’re given an opportunity to explain why you skipped out on jury duty, it’s still in the judge’s prerogative to punish you with fines and incarceration, Rice points out."
I’ll go in. Make my explanation and see what happens. Maybe I won’t shower:ep

Latest posts