Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So true! Cougars are in NE Texas. In Lindale, several years back, a cougar killed a neighbors goats. She had guard donkeys. The cougar was all around our place, screaming. Clearly he wanted a lamb dinner! But our dogs were barking mad, raising all kinds of ruckus. Cougar went looking for an easier meal. It hung around for weeks before it moved on.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yep we have bobcats now. We were told we didn't have any until a couple of years ago they told us we couldn't shoot them. How can we shoot them if their not there?

Also we have black cats about bobcat size with long black tails. Dogs get chewed up by them and the vets claim racoons did it. I've seen the cats and I've seen the dogs. We also find dead house cats hanging over tree branches. I haven't.foumd any in a few years but I've seen a few.

Here's a few pics of the storm.we had last night.

Attachments

• 55558.jpeg
    55558.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 55556.jpeg
    55556.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 55

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep we have bobcats now. We were told we didn't have any until a couple of years ago they told us we couldn't shoot them. How can we shoot them if their not there?

Also we have black cats about bobcat size with long black tails. Dogs get chewed up by them and the vets claim racoons did it. I've seen the cats and I've seen the dogs. We also find dead house cats hanging over tree branches. I haven't.foumd any in a few years but I've seen a few.

Here's a few pics of the storm.we had last night.
Nice mamatus pics. Jaguarundi? I’m not supposed to have them but I’ve seen them stock picture
74E4A2B3-1D18-4B40-A9EC-2C0A79D6D270.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jaguarundi are supposed to be along the Mexico/Texas border. A friend of mine bought 700 acres that butts up against the King Ranch and there are Jaguarundi there. Huge fine and go to prison if you shoot one. There’s also ocelots, bobcats and cougar.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jaguarundi are supposed to be highly adaptive and clever. I just figured it hopped a bus from somewhere down south and spent the time reading up on local dining and housing possibilities, schools etc.
with all this quirky weather and construction, critters are probably moving around a lot. If I could have a jaguarundi I would :ep I’m not a “own a wild animal” person but I like their look. And I’d never have to clean up mouse souvenirs again. It would play merry hell with dogs and stock though. Oh well. Hand me the dust pan and bleach…

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been contemplating another buck....causally looking. Couple weeks ago a CL add had what looked to be a good one. Had been on about two weeks. Strange. Called to fin it was sold. Just not removed ad. Bummer!!

Tues saw another promising CL add. 2-6 mo old boer kids. Well, maybe. Sent email to advise who still avail and "oh,yeah...maybe you'd have another you're not using and want to move". Hey, buck pictured as sire to some was awesome! Age, registered or not, color not consideration -- just body type. She replied, I went and holy cow.... Taking trailer to pick him up next Thu or Fri. :clap fullblood registered Boer. Bargain price cause she has too many bucks and several of his daughters. Plus she's buying another buck in Arkansas this weekend. I'm still begging her to sell me a red yrlg bucking and a 2022 doeling I loved! Non related.

Can't believe it! :celebrate Meet "Cosmo"... He's lead trained tame!

raw(34).jpg

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got rain! A good thunderstorm, just didn’t last long. No power. Soon it will be dark. In Lindale, I could walk to the cabinet that held the Tac-lights in the dark, and turn them on. In Groveton, I have no freaking idea what box they are in. No idea when lights will come back. Recording at Electric Co-op says they are aware that power is out. Getting a little stuffy in here. At least the rain shower cooled it down to 80F.

Latest posts