Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
This needs to be better by Wednesday. I’ve got to wear normal shoes on the first day of school.

If all goes bad I need my foot for a sheep show and class next weekend or we lose our on $300

Don't hold your breath on it being all better for either of those. But you'll get sympathy points showing the animals with a boot or on a crutch ;)

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got to be at Home Depot at 6 this morning when they open. Chris ran out of Kilz at 7:17 last night. I woke up at 1-something, last time I looked at the clock it was 2:30. Finally went back to sleep, alarm went off at 4:30. Gulping down last swallow of coffee, gotta get outa here!
I was awake around that time too. Most of my working life I worked overnights either in publishing(old school not desktop) or my last job stocking retail. Periodically my brain thinks I’m late for work and I’m up. I discovered a YouTube channel called Riding Shotgun. Guy drives a semi all over the western US letting viewers enjoy the scenery. He talks a little about himself and more about trucking and safety. Even if I don’t fall back to sleep I feel rested. Weird I know but sometimes it’s reassuring that the world isn’t completely upside down.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Show Sebright IF a boot is recommended, please wear it! Poorly healed foot bones will be long term trouble. Ask me how I know...
There are 2 important accessories to go with the boot: Waterproof cover with bottom and Metatasal Guard if boot doesn't have ridgid plate over toes. Less expensive that missing show and they will keep your foot safe.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
And to chime in from a different angle.... I had a total ankle replacement. Years of constantly sprained ankles, damage from a car wreck...you name it. After the replacement surgery, I did EXACTLY what I was told to do with the boot and all. and have a very good functional PAIN FREE working ankle. There are alot of bones, ligs, tendons, muscles that have to come together to make it all work right. The mechanical joint I have has a few limitations... but it works and no longer hurts so I can have a pretty normal walk and usage.
I have had stepped on and broken toes and they are painful... the swelling is something to consider... powering through it is okay as long as you take care to protect it like @Margali said. If it doesn't heal properly, you will be in for years of pain down the road....take care of it now so that you will not have to be laid up for a longer period down the road to fix it.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
UHG found out I probably fractured many little spots in my toe and hair line fractured my main bone joint thing. They is from the bruising pattern. Going to school in the funny shoe. We got a appointment at a foot doctor to see if anything is miss placed or shattered. It looks so bad right now. Dutch my sheep is trying to eat the shoe off me when I see him. I’m not aloud to stay longer then feed and saying hello. Hopefully everything is fine.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
UHG found out I probably fractured many little spots in my toe and hair line fractured my main bone joint thing. They is from the bruising pattern. Going to school in the funny shoe. We got a appointment at a foot doctor to see if anything is miss placed or shattered. It looks so bad right now. Dutch my sheep is trying to eat the shoe off me when I see him. I’m not aloud to stay longer then feed and saying hello. Hopefully everything is fine.
Hang in there. Follow Doc’s orders til they know what’s up. And some ice cream for you and pats for lambs.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Will you be able to hobble around enough to lead Dutch in the show ring? Be sure to tell doctor of your activities, doctors don’t know what our “normal” is!

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
A delightful 78 degrees this morning. Dogs with flock (except Sophie). For anyone, myself included, who worried about LGDs not wanting to return to work- never fear they’re back at it. In spite of the cool I’ve already sweated through my ball cap yay. I am watering a couple of droopy trees and getting set for early evening chores as it will be about 100 by then. I’ve been a ?bachelor farmer? (Garrison Keilllor comedy)but Hubbs is due back today. Have a happy day all.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
A delightful 78 degrees this morning. Dogs with flock (except Sophie). For anyone, myself included, who worried about LGDs not wanting to return to work- never fear they’re back at it. In spite of the cool I’ve already sweated through my ball cap yay. I am watering a couple of droopy trees and getting set for early evening chores as it will be about 100 by then. I’ve been a ?bachelor farmer? (Garrison Keilllor comedy)but Hubbs is due back today. Have a happy day all.
Which place are you working/living at?

I have lost track...

Are you at old place? Or new place?