Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need a harmonica. Harmonica music-sad. Eldest ewe hobbles in from pasture. Left rear leg is a mess. Caught in wire? After 11 years she finds the spot. I put her in the hospital space with another elderly ewe and her lambs where all are doing their damnedest to die, alternating with nibbling grass and regarding me with mild amusement as I throw the kitchen sink around to keep them going. New breeding ram has apparently been bitten by a snake and is looking the worse for wear. We were supposed to move tomorrow. Ok had a plan for that. Sick sheep to new place early, bedded down in comfy area to remain livestock or become dead stock if treatment doesn’t help. Sellers renters were supposed to be out today. At 4p we get an email from their realtor that they are not ready and may be out later in the week. They also stiffed us on the rent. And refuse to speak to us directly (which could be a good thing). Our landlord wants our place in a week, period. Through the sale the sellers renters have been, well snobs. THEY have been extremely inconvenienced by all of this business and people like us just need to wait. Which we have since mid May. In the spirit of not having my new home vandalized by these entitled (fill in the blank) individuals, we will exercise a little more patience. Thanks for tolerating my rant. On the bright side ill sheep hanging in and maybe rain next week. :he :celebrate
Sucks rocks.

:hugs

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sellers renters were supposed to be out today. At 4p we get an email from their realtor that they are not ready and may be out later in the week. They also stiffed us on the rent. And refuse to speak to us directly (which could be a good thing). Our landlord wants our place in a week, period. Through the sale the sellers renters have been, well snobs. THEY have been extremely inconvenienced by all of this business and people like us just need to wait. Which we have since mid May.
I don't know what state you are in or what state the house you bought is in, but there are requirements in real estate law that should cover this situation. You may beed to consult an attorney in real estate law.

It sounds like you bought a house that was being rented by the owner to a tenant. The tenant is now refusing to vacate, and the owner of the property is refusing to evict them. In this case I would talk to an attorney and see if you can have the money in escrow held until you can have the house. Since the tenant was in the house when the owner sold it, it was their responsibility to get them out.

Has the sale closed? Did the escrow company release the money to the seller? Contact your mortgage broker and explain the situation to them and see if they can do anything through the escrow company.

Why is your agent intervening for the tenants? The agents should be working to get the house vacated and have notified the escrow company that they need to hold up the sale payment and not complete the sale since the terms of the contract have not been adhered to. If you are going to have t sue the tenants, I woud sue the seller and both agents. Your agent is responsible to protect your interests, not the seller's or the tenants' interests, and has not done so.

The seller is required to deliver the house to you in the same condition in which you purchased it (when you did your inspection). Your sales contract should have a clause requiring the seller to deliver the house to you in the condition it was in when you purchased it. If their tenants damage the house before you can take possession, the sale contract requires the seller to make repairs.

Since their tenant's lease was with them and not you, you should be able to sue the seller for the rent their tenant did not pay, as well as any storage costs you must incur. Also, for any costs in evicting these squatters.

Is the house insured? The seller should have insurance on it and that policy should cover the damages. You need an attorney.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Update on the move. First thank you all for the advice. We contacted our realtor late yesterday and today issues are resolved except the back rent. Appliances may be bartered for that. We will have access tomorrow and can maintain most of our move schedule. Suddenly things got very polite. I’m sure there’s a story but not sure I want to know presently. 😉 We are pressing on. I may disappear because my internet will be gone but I should be back in a few days. Rain still in the forecast both addresses. :weee
Emoji should be carrying a box.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:cafHaving last coffee....going out to milk. Then off to work, again.🙄 Been a heavy work week. Ready for it to be over and it's only Wednesday.:idunno

A lovely 64 out there this morning :clap 😊 windows open all night, so a free cooling inside. Only 80 later, so close windows before I leave. It'll hold well all day.👍 Love saving a little electric. Not much we can save on lately.

Have a great day everyone. :frow

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Down to 60 last night. Still some clouds but supposed to clear off later and be decent for next 2-3 days. Then more storms over the weekend.
Going to go move hay with the truck later. Another farm texted and wants to test... Same as you @Mini Horses ... feast or famine... they all want this week it seems. Thought I would only work 3 days... now it is 4 this week... :th:duc