Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke up at 4, went back to sleep. Dogs started barking at 5:30, coyotes were howling and they were close. I eased out on the front porch, there was quite a communication exchange going on. It made me wish for a rifle with a night scope.

I didn't get the feeder yesterday. But I got the 2x4s to build a hand rail for the back steps and will try to build one today.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
They still sell rifles! :lol: I have one with scope, old but relatively unused....getting it cleaned and checked over, along with a shotgun. DH would deer hunt, back in the day. They've been in cases and in house forever.

Very light fog today. Upper 60s which is warmer overnight than last few days. Humidity back up. Better than brutal Aug, so pretty ok. 😄

Back to work for couple more days. Fri I'll be home checking that things ready for goats I'm picking up sat or sun. Need to get out there now for morning chores but, this mornings coffee has been lulling me into slowmo. 😉. Unusual but, kind of nice.

Phone is becoming more comfortable to use. There's still hope!🤣

Honeybee Hill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Second cup and its not working as well as it should. Chilly night with rain on and off (thank goodness!) I didn't want to get out of bed.
DH is leaving for the lake house with his cousin this morning to close it up for the winter, I need to bring in plants, and do a general cleaning of the deck and shed. The garage looks winter ready, so just moving palm trees indoors is all that's left for that.
Still waiting to hear from my school...I'm not checking my email every hour...I wait until it's two hours. :he

I'm trying to keep an eye on Cat 3 Fiona, may be having some family from Florida if she takes a shift. The app that I have needs a paid upgrade to check hurricane paths, so I'm searching for another way to see it. I don't watch the news either-too much garbage on there.
Well, off to have cup #3. Let's see if it inspires me.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
They still sell rifles! :lol: I have one with scope, old but relatively unused....getting it cleaned and checked over, along with a shotgun. DH would deer hunt, back in the day. They've been in cases and in house forever.

Night scope let’s you see animals at night. Pitch black darkness, can’t see anything. I watched videos of night hunting hogs and coyotes, pretty cool.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm trying to keep an eye on Cat 3 Fiona, may be having some family from Florida if she takes a shift. The app that I have needs a paid upgrade to check hurricane paths, so I'm searching for another way to see it.
This is the National Hurricane Center page with official maps in low graphic version for limited bandwidth. HTH

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
goat meat is in demand in my area
I buy goat meat, LaMancha (I STILL think they need real ears!! ) from Heather the goat lady at the farmer's market. Tastes more like beef than lamb, have fed it to the unsuspecting and heard nothing so all good!

I'm trying to keep an eye on Cat 3 Fiona, may be having some family from Florida if she takes a shift.
Fiona is going nowhere near Florida. Now if you happen to know someone in Bermuda you can worry

Just figured I should actually say hi instead of constantly stocking
Or stalking ;)
Unless you are stocking up on good vibes from your BYH friends :D

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
buy goat meat, LaMancha (I STILL think they need real ears!! ) from Heather the goat lady at the farmer's market. Tastes more like beef than lamb, have fed it to the unsuspecting
I agree...close to beef...esp so if you buy a meat goat breed vice dairy. I've also fed to unsuspecting. 😁 its mean of us :lol:

Latest posts