Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan how's your weather? I think of you on these darn cold mornings! It's a warm 32 today  finally back into 30s.....brrrrrr only 61 inside at get up. Heater now going. Need a few more degrees!

@CLSranch ; showers here are for warming up in the winter, relaxing, and going to bed... NOT for going outside in freezing temps..... summer I am fine with going outside after a shower.... winter..... NOT HAPPENING.....BRRR 

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My phone is acting up... making it impossible to reply to a quote!!!

So.... @Mini Horses eh on the weather.... circling 30s. We do NOT get those huge temp swings like you. So, maybe 10 degrees difference between night and day... not 40 like you can get.

So.... we are going from 22 to 32... (night to day) more or less every day

The usual.

We warmed up to 38ish a time or two... so we could get a bunch of ice all over 

@CLSranch what in sam hill are you doing showering before going outside, when the temps are so low???

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan your.posting has been far less....since the trip with mom! You're missed. Darn phone!

I must have updated the wrong update on my phone???? No idea. But it only gives me issues if I try to post! so I have been reading, but not posting.

This post is from my COMPUTER (I almost never online forum from my computer)

After I post this, I will see if the silly smart phone will let me post a post with some photos.....

Yep, been missing your posts... How are all the kids doing? How many still at home now?

Enough snow to make that pretty church of yours shine even brighter ????

Kids are doing well... except for kid #2 with eating.

Cafeteria has gone downhill again for poor kid #2 in College. No idea what is up with the cafeteria. His room doesn't have a kitchen, but he has a few appliances that he uses to cook. It is just with a job, and classes, and a full meal plan..... it would be nice if he didn't have to cook.

Kid 1 is really enjoying seminary. He is struggling with learning both Yupik and Old Church Slavonic this semester, but promises he will get at least a C in both classes. He is doing well in the other classes.

Kid 3 is thinking of going to Anchorage for college next semester (instead of staying home and taking more classes), but hasn't yet figured that all out. I have told him that he might have cut things too close... but he has applied, on the last possible day... so we will see,

I AM a bit worried about him leaving. He does SO MUCH work here! But also, super proud of him, and happy for him... and I realize it might be better for HIM to leave and not have to work so hard for us! This semester he decided that for the first time since age 14 or 15, he would NOT have a job, and he only took 3 college classes so that he would have time to do a bunch of work around the house... then his old boss called and begged... and now he is driving up to Anchorage every Friday, working 10 hour days Saturday and Sunday, then driving home! He is going up with a friend, so the gas is split.

Because kid 3 is leaving... I had the youngest do the nextdoor rental washer repair all by himself... it took him a month... he had to keep watching more you tube repair videos... but he finally got it fixed. He is 14 now... so I should have him another 4 years! I guess next I have to train him to drive the bobcat!

Kid 4 is still here... but he is in 11th grade and has several people that he does odd jobs for. He charges 20 bucks an hour, and they are happy to pay him that rate.

so... chugging along.

Sadly, we are circling freezing... so we have switched to ice galore. -sigh-

Oh, all kids will be home for Christmas, that will be nice.

Last edited:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
2 pictures from Germany

20221024_130646.jpg
20221021_133036.jpg

an advertising board in Germany... like, REALLY???

20221024_150543.jpg

And 2 from my place over the last 2-ish weeks.

In my front yard, looking southish
20221117_163326.jpg

My driveway. You can see a little bit of my house roof up left-ish, and the plastic roofs up right-ish is the greenhouse with chicken house behind it. (Nope, can't see the chicken house)
20221113_170412.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan glad you used your computer!! 😂. Have one of the boys fix your phone while they're still home....you know the youngsters know more about them that we do.

No snow here -- thankfully -- but it is a warmer 30 out there this morn. Been mid 20s last couple days. They say weather is warming closer to normal now. Good! 🤨. I don't like cold.

Up so early. Couldn't sleep longer, so got up. I'll hate it later but, it is what it is. Waiting for daylight. 🤷

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow!! Look at all that white stuff!!!! Gorgeous country even if it is white :hide .
Really pretty.
And woah - a "French" taco?!?!! Hmmmm (living in the land of tacos here).

Latest posts