Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom might argue that I was being paranoid after all they did have the cooktop (I haven’t opened the box). But drop off was the only thing specified and the driver got irritated when I told him so. And since when do installation techs drive for trucking companies- he and the manager who called identified themselves as employees of the trucking company not an appliance company. If they worked for Joe Blow Appliance co. and were renting a truck that’s understandable but that’s not what they said. These people were sketchy as hell and there was no way I was letting them in the house. Sorry to carry on I have some left over adrenaline.
Report them to the place you bought it from.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have pics of the truck and I was doing a concealed carry ( I lost a ewe to a coyote two days ago and a well placed shot could have saved her so pistol). This driver was confrontational and rude. I did a retreat( no threats or exposed piece). The company involved needs to hire people who look and behave like professionals. I will no longer meet service people I don’t know outside the house.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have pics of the truck and I was doing a concealed carry ( I lost a ewe to a coyote two days ago and a well placed shot could have saved her so pistol). This driver was confrontational and rude. I did a retreat( no threats or exposed piece). The company involved needs to hire people who look and behave like professionals. I will no longer meet service people I don’t know outside the house.
I think you handled it very well. Better to meet them outside than open the door and they barge in ?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. It unfolded very quickly. I may be a trippin’ bitch (driver’s description to his manager) but I’m an alive, undamaged tripppin bitch. He almost wasn’t. Note- there were no apologies, from anyone. No Ma’am’s, no manners. That’s not the Texas I’ve lived in for nearly 40 years.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:caf....as I hear some light rain come and go. Sprinkles now. Heavy coming in a few hours. Gotta finish this cuppa and go feed before that arrives!

Supposed to clear out by 2ish. Warmer & sun tomorrow. Well good!!! I have outside things to do, without rain.

Might go do Monday store jobs today...stay home Mon.🤔

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. It unfolded very quickly. I may be a trippin’ bitch (driver’s description to his manager) but I’m an alive, undamaged tripppin bitch. He almost wasn’t. Note- there were no apologies, from anyone. No Ma’am’s, no manners. That’s not the Texas I’ve lived in for nearly 40 years.
As I read this, I’m thinking of the coffee cup I bought at the Alamo. It has a picture of the Alamo on one side, a cannon and “Come and take it” on the other side. That Alamo spirit runs deep in the very essence of a Texan. You stood your ground, “Come and take it” from this trippin’ bitch. My heart swells with pride in you. Your back was up and you were ready, if pushed, to defend yourself. Those two just didn’t know how close they came.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
On second cup of coffee. Flipped 2 boards over in the utility room and painted other side with Kilz. It will be dry in a few hours and I can paint them. I have boards ready to install for another shelf in the small utility room today. Getting there.