Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop Commercial meat kids. He already has 3 adult & 3 new kids. Bought doelings 50% Boer...his choice. We discussed A LOT. :oops:. These are some nice kids. He doesn't milk -- but will buy that or colostrum from me if ever needed for his goats.

Eggs, just wanted for incubator -- more laying hens, he hopes. 😊 to add to his eggs for fuller bator this cycle. His grandkids want more chicks.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready!I took a Benadryl OTC sleeping pill last night so I could get some sleep. Woke up at 7:44, got up at 8. I worked on chicken tractor yesterday, got a 14’ piece of hardware cloth put on. It’s slow and tedious. The frame is 2” well casing, thick and heavy stuff. Maybe today will go faster.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
On cup 2 - and about to head out.
Yesterday was successful - three "bad players" loaded up to the auction yesterday and taken up there (auction is today) -- sold one right off the trailer to one of the guys there, two overnighting for todays auction. Really nice people there -- and one heck of a nice working Aussie (you all know I'd key in on that! :)). Regular stuff to get done today.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I did a little bit of a lot -- called "awh-$$it" things in middle of the real work day. 😵‍💫🤬. So, a couple "show me" fence fixes, some got thru before gate closed -- a one person issue -- and corral others in case. Did get about 5-6 acres bush hogged....some high stuff that needed this done months ago. 😡 It's that weather/work/days off issue so many of us face!! It's a killer fact.🤷. Now, another 6 or so to cut -- then I'll need to rake it off👎. More work, gas, time. So be it...it's a reality I'm facing.

Of course, early to bed after all that...slept hard and woke with a stiff back, and everything else complaining. 🤣 BUT being in my PRIME, I will go on for another day of abuse...err farm fun...right after I have my coffee, get slathered in aspercreme and go do chores! :bunny

PS...thanks to @Ridgetop for our ":old status" as we trudge thru the decades -- mentally defiant & insistent we can do. :lol:

Gotta have another cuppa.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hahaha! Yes! In my prime of life! Thank you @Ridgetop for that! I suppose that’s why we are so wise now! Storm coming, going to grocery store today to buy stuff to feed DD and family while here. The young me wouldn’t waste the day on grocery shopping, but would go tomorrow in the rain. The “prime” me doesn’t want to be out trudging in the pouring rain.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Afternoon coffee here. Finishing up the accounting End of the Month stuff at work ( long hours...) and trying to get all of the "Got To Do's " done before heading out of town for a whole week. EEK!!! I have not left the farm for that many days in a row in YEARS.... My anxiety is ramped up 😨
I'm sure it's all going to be fine.. .but that little trouble maker inside my head keeps saying things like.. What if the cow's get out? What if a storm comes and takes down the fence?? OR takes out the POWER??? Can Dad hook up the generator?? Without burning down my house??? What if something gets in the chicken yard and kills one?? OR MORE?? My Dad will FREAK OUT!!!
T
oday will be the first day I get to go home 'on time' in almost a week. Hopefully will get a bunch of the stuff checked off That List.
Weather is BEAUTIFUL here today, breezy & mid 80's. Rain coming this weekend.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Afternoon coffee here. Finishing up the accounting End of the Month stuff at work ( long hours...) and trying to get all of the "Got To Do's " done before heading out of town for a whole week. EEK!!! I have not left the farm for that many days in a row in YEARS.... My anxiety is ramped up 😨
I'm sure it's all going to be fine.. .but that little trouble maker inside my head keeps saying things like.. What if the cow's get out? What if a storm comes and takes down the fence?? OR takes out the POWER??? Can Dad hook up the generator?? Without burning down my house??? What if something gets in the chicken yard and kills one?? OR MORE?? My Dad will FREAK OUT!!!
T
oday will be the first day I get to go home 'on time' in almost a week. Hopefully will get a bunch of the stuff checked off That List.
Weather is BEAUTIFUL here today, breezy & mid 80's. Rain coming this weekend.
You are going to Disney World! Have a great time!