Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure wish everyone wanting plants could come to the nursery/greenhouse here... with the 4pks for 2.99 and they have tons of vegs and herbs and flowers... They get good money for the bigger pots and such too... but the 4 pks of stuff grow real good.... just takes a bit longer.
Of course, we were down to 44 mlast night so it would help if it would stay a bit more "spring like warm" for things to grow too... This weather is more like what spring used to be....
OH HEAVENS... it can't be true because we are having global warming... so spring is getting cooler.... :th
:hide:hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Easier to give away as well.

The post office knows you are moving it? The rural carriers are paid by stops on the route and they are tracked big time now. To the point that if they stop to put mail in a box that is 5' from where the system "thinks" it is, they don't get credit for that box on the route, ever. It is crazy. They can fix it in the system IF they realize they aren't getting credit. DW's carrier has found at least two dozen mailboxes that aren't exactly where the system has them. How does she figure this out? She stopped at EVERY box one day whether they had mail or not, then checked the report a day or two later to see how many stops she got credit for. Tedious.
Yes. Absentee owner had to call post office and give me permission to move it. His cousin who used to live there, still gets her mail there. She had to get her mail out last night so I could spray it with ant poison. Fire ants converted both mailboxes to high rise apartments during the deluge of rain a couple of weeks ago. I put more details on my journal. Mailbox is moved. County commissioner is coming Tuesday to see about extending my culvert. My mailbox is crap and will get thrown away. I’ll put up a new one, at the new extended culvert.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up at 4 this morning seeing Hubbs off on a visit to his family a couple of states away. I need to build perches for the Marans-velder chicks. Still can’t tell how many roos I’ve got. One LGD out but all he does is a swing around the property, sneaks a swim in the neighbor’s pond in spite of having one of his own, then hangs around the driveway gate to be let in. I can’t figure out how he is getting out. More hot wire (sigh).

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool and cloudy here - loving it.
Got a bunch of just plain busy days ahead BUT UPS dropped off a box for me. Unexpected- it was from my nephew who spent a couple weeks with us last year. He did this for me …… and included the book too! Happy dance my nephew is amazing …..
IMG_8762.jpeg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool and cloudy here - loving it.
Got a bunch of just plain busy days ahead BUT UPS dropped off a box for me. Unexpected- it was from my nephew who spent a couple weeks with us last year. He did this for me …… and included the book too! Happy dance my nephew is amazing …..
View attachment 99166
Very nice and thoughtful... and it is a good picture... and he got the dog in there perfectly. Did he write the book? I am very impressed. How old is he? Sounds like a wonderful young man.....

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very nice and thoughtful... and it is a good picture... and he got the dog in there perfectly. Did he write the book? I am very impressed. How old is he? Sounds like a wonderful young man.....
Thanks! He's 23. I really got to know him when he was here - such a wonderful guy. We had a ton of fun and checked out Joshua Tree National Park while he was here. Of course a lot of sheep time too.
The book was written by an artist he studied in class who was also a sheep rancher in Grass Range Montana. Ya' gotta admit the title is something that grabs ya' --- Today I Baled Hay to Feed the Sheep the Coyotes Eat - author Bill Stockton. Just looking quickly through the book there are also sketches throughout.