Coffee anyone ?

Honeybee Hill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Coffee in! I might go for more since I'm moving slowly this morning. I have a hurt pinky toe...the story is just ridiculous. We went to the city for a summer reception at south street sea port, very nice, but my boots were hurting me a little...didn't pay it much mind. Standing around and talking to people that honestly, aren't the people I'd choose to hang out with normally, was comfortable for my feet. Walking back to Grand Central to catch the train home (a fairly good walk) I could barely use my foot at all-what the heck??
I just hopped along with DH, who walks like he's from the city (because he is) and kept up, I guess. I got home, took off my boot and :ep:epmy pinky toe nail had been pretty much ripped off by my boot. The toe is swollen and angry, but there's no rest for the weary...I had to do a fire department apparatus parade for a sick little girl, so my work boots went on, and I toughed it out.
I've got a bunch of farm chores to do, and then a final project for school...I'll rest eventually.

I also want to talk about the smoke from Canada! On Wednesday the sky and sun was orange, and the air was a weird glowy orange haze. Our numbers out here were in the low 200's so all animals were indoors for the day, and windows were closed. I was not a happy individual since I was told to stay indoors, and I hate doing what I'm told. :lol:
IMG_0046.jpeg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee in! I might go for more since I'm moving slowly this morning. I have a hurt pinky toe...the story is just ridiculous. We went to the city for a summer reception at south street sea port, very nice, but my boots were hurting me a little...didn't pay it much mind. Standing around and talking to people that honestly, aren't the people I'd choose to hang out with normally, was comfortable for my feet. Walking back to Grand Central to catch the train home (a fairly good walk) I could barely use my foot at all-what the heck??
I just hopped along with DH, who walks like he's from the city (because he is) and kept up, I guess. I got home, took off my boot and :ep:epmy pinky toe nail had been pretty much ripped off by my boot. The toe is swollen and angry, but there's no rest for the weary...I had to do a fire department apparatus parade for a sick little girl, so my work boots went on, and I toughed it out.
I've got a bunch of farm chores to do, and then a final project for school...I'll rest eventually.

I also want to talk about the smoke from Canada! On Wednesday the sky and sun was orange, and the air was a weird glowy orange haze. Our numbers out here were in the low 200's so all animals were indoors for the day, and windows were closed. I was not a happy individual since I was told to stay indoors, and I hate doing what I'm told. :lol:View attachment 99456
OUCH on that toe!!
Ah yeah, the orange weird sky stuff - when we have fires around here that's what it's like with the added ash flurries. No fun.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Taking an iced coffee break, I think I drink more iced coffee than hot. Severe thunderstorms expected in about 90 min. Hung a moving blanket over the entry to chick area in case of horizontal rain or Lord forbid hail. Also prepping for power out although we have pretty good service. Plans for a hen house extension underway and I have a broody hen on about 5 eggs.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
@HoneybeeHill
You should totally blow that photo up and frame it! It would make a great piece of art to hang on the wall. In fact, I have seen art pieces like that sell very well to designers. Be sure to sign and date it too. People would pay big money for art like that even though it is not pretty to be living in that.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool and cloudy today - they call it June gloom - but this seems more than the June gloom that I've known for 30+ yrs. And - I'm loving it - long sleeves and a vest at times. Happy. Last year this time it was HOT. Such if life - it all seems to average out.
Had a great time at my friend's - coffee and great company. She sent me home with a ton of plants and seedlings to help populate the greenhouse. :)

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got a terrible shock today... NOT from the fence!
Sis came over to help me work on the fence. I asked what she wanted for lunch - my treat of course - she wanted pizza.
2 small white pizzas. Added grilled chicken & grilled onions to both. Added mushrooms to mine. $49.00 !!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING??? The white pizzas, being specially, were $12 each. All the rest were the add-ons!!!!
$25 for a few slices of grilled chicken, a handful of grilled onions & a few slices of mushrooms!!!!!
I'm ALL FOR Supporting local owned business.... but GEEZE. Pretty sure that was the last time I'll visit that place.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like lunch at chicken swap this year!! 2 sandwiches a one lemonade....$31. the sandwiches weren't big and not even that good 🤣🤷 They're making a living.

Probably you're like us, don't eat "out" much. I'm amazed at the price of a hamburger nowadays. Mostly I cook, carry a lunch. About once every month or two I buy out. Not fun to dine out alone. Plus home is healthier.

Soooo. Went out early for the goat showdeo. Putting boys in a pen, find two who were to go with bad runs, as well as a mature doe. Hmmm, they got into too much of something in that new field area yesterday 😳. Got 4 penned....2 not going and 2 decided catching wasn't happening!

Proud that I had backed right up perfectly to hook up trailer.👍. Then backed it close as I could to pen. Usually I'm more set up....but. then, DS doesn't show to help. This old gal tied them to hold on to, straddled them and walked/tugged them. They weight an easy 70# of fight. :old:heOne by one. Never again. Back to my pen and chute load! Run inside, change, jump in truck and go. 3/4 there and traffic stops! NO!!!!! Already running late. A wreck further up...finally cleared and when I get there, gates locked for check-in.:th:hu

I went in, looked at stuff, talked with some friends....went home. 😖. Backed nicely to where loaded, opened gate, opened trailer and had to go in escape door to get them out. DS is there 😠. Disconnects trailer....easy part!!!! ......asks me to take him to a close by store, we leave and less than 1/2 mile, strange, loud noise starts. Stop, lift hood, see nothing. Fluids all good. WTH ?¿? Turned and back. Truck in driveway, sick. 🤬😖😞👎

Not my kinda day!! :old:hu

Last edited:

Latest posts