Colorado

MooThis

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Are you raise purebreed Maine Anjou that are red & white??

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have found a few Colorado people on here, but not many. I thought I would try and revive a Colorado thread and see if there are any people still on here from my state. :p I live in Southern Colorado. :frow

ttclan

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and new to goats...in fact we are waiting on our first kids to come in December. I participate over on the BYChickens forum and have met so many wonderful people. It took me a long time to finally join in, this time I decided to join right away and begin to read all I can before I have to come to the forum for emergencies...which will happen too I'm sure.

We hope to raise goats and llamas...maybe other animals too, but we are starting slowly...we have dreamed of having property for years and it has finally come so I'm anxious to get going, but hubby, he's so wise, keeps reminding me to take it slow. One animal type at a time. Goats are next.

ttclan

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
ttclan said:
I'm new to the forum and new to goats...in fact we are waiting on our first kids to come in December. I participate over on the BYChickens forum and have met so many wonderful people. It took me a long time to finally join in, this time I decided to join right away and begin to read all I can before I have to come to the forum for emergencies...which will happen too I'm sure.

We hope to raise goats and llamas...maybe other animals too, but we are starting slowly...we have dreamed of having property for years and it has finally come so I'm anxious to get going, but hubby, he's so wise, keeps reminding me to take it slow. One animal type at a time. Goats are next.
BYW, we own property that backs to RMNP...outside of Estes.

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi All, I am also new here. My husband and I moved to CO from CA. We have always wanted some property and here we are. We moved to this area call Coal Creek Canyon in Golden, CO. We are thinking of getting couple Boer goats for our 4+ acres. I am a bit concerned about the goats and the snow. We had over 5 feet of snow since Oct. Just last storm we had couple weeks ago brought us over 2 feet. I am curious about how goats are kept during snow season? Coming from sunny CA, I am enjoying the winter here. Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated. Thanks!