Colorado

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My buck is a great stud ... throws between 2 and 4 per doe, strong stocky healthy kids. I would rather he go to a good farm or I'll keep him. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
4385_20130302-corny.jpg

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
And he is a unicorn too :)

I have no desire to have a buck, but If you wind up keeping him, I may see if I can give him a girlfriend for a day :)
We are looking for a pair of nubians to milk. I don't mind Lamanchas, but the wife has a thing about the ears... (and honestly, I like ears too)
The pair we have now are just pets... too small for meat, or to milk. but they are our friends.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Surprisingly his name is Corny ... was that even before he lost his horn trying to get to a girl. Now it stands for Unicorn, or Horny Corny. Trust me, he has the typical buck smell MOST of the year! Sweet, tho.

We've bred him to nigerians and nubians and so far,, out of 14 babies in 2 1/2 years, only 1 has la mancha ears! I do stud him out to a friend who has la manchas and of course those kids do have la mancha ears.

Let me know if you need a stud. If I can sell him, a friend is going to sell us for cheap a nubian buckling this summer. We're on the eastern plains. And boy does it love it when girls come to visit. Vet was just out today and drew blood for CAE testing. Never had a positive.

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Know anyone with some Nubians? We don't need registered papered or show stock... just a pair of milkers.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
A lady in my neighborhood has nubian girls and just had some babies born. Don't know if she's selling any of her does in milk but I'm sure she's selling her babies if she hasn't already. I have another nubian due in 2 months but you've seen the dad (Corny). Anyway, this neighbor is Annie Cheney and her web is http://www.BlueBarnProducts.com .. (303) 646-2895.

Where are you located?

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm in Penrose, a bit south of the springs. I have an uncle in Longmont (north of denver) that we visit frequently, so as long as you are between those locations, we should be good :)

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
How is everyone doing in CO???? We are in Coal Creek Canyon and our main road is all washed out in many areas. We were stuck on and off in and out of the canyon...depending when the back road held out or got temporary fixed. Most of the houses are intact since we are on high ground. It was mostly due to creek over flowing washing roads and driveways away. We do have natural gas but still have electricity. Overall, we feel we are doing as well as can be. Hope you are too. --Eliza

SabaiFarms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
MyKidLuvsGreenEgz said:
My buck is a great stud ... throws between 2 and 4 per doe, strong stocky healthy kids. I would rather he go to a good farm or I'll keep him. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

4385_20130302-corny.jpg
Did you find a new home for Corny? I tried to send you a message but I don't think it worked. I am interested if he's still available. :D

Nerdy11

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
How is everyone doing in CO????
We are fine. We were high enough that the floods didn't reach us. Our chickens nearly went nuts trying to get outside tho...

Latest posts