colostrum?

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have 2 does, one is due the first part of February and one in late April. I want to have colostrum on hand "just in case". I swung by a couple of feed stores and all I saw was colostrum supplement. I thought I had read here that I need colostrum replacer. They looked at me like I was crazy and said that all I needed was the supplement. I did read the directions and it says to mix with water and feed it. So, I assume that it is complete.

Help!

Thanks!
-K

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
I found the lamb replacer at our local co-op store...have never had to use it...but if you can get that for kids, it's nice to know that if you need it...it is there.

julierx1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I always keep Save a kid powdered goat colostrum on hand. I buy it at TSC for about 7 bucks for a small bag. Dont know if this is what ur talking about but I have had good luck with it even the ones who receive no colostrum at all. Hope this helps

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
julierx1 said:
I always keep Save a kid powdered goat colostrum on hand. I buy it at TSC for about 7 bucks for a small bag. Dont know if this is what ur talking about but I have had good luck with it even the ones who receive no colostrum at all. Hope this helps
It is a supplement though. I would probably be okay in a pinch but is different from actual replacer. Nothing is going to beat the real deal but having something around just in case might be nice.