Companions for goats

Shepherdess219

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So I have a family that wants to buy my orphan goat. They have mini horse, mini donkey, rabbits and 4H kids and are homeschooled. Do you think she would be ok without another goat friend, or until spring when more goats are on the market?

Here’s her comment to me
“She would be with us in the house for the first weeks so I’m thinking she wouldn’t be lonely at all then. Afterwards she could go into the indoor shelter that the bunnies are currently in for the winter. Or the partially covered pen with the mini donkey & horse, which I think she would probably prefer as long as it’s not too cold. The paddock & pasture aren’t fully fenced appropriately for goats yet but we will be finishing that in the spring & then they could all be together. So she’d never be “alone” as in with no other animals. But likely would be an only goat until atleast the spring

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know goats and horses can be besties. (I don’t have experience with donkeys, but assume similar enough as long as the donkey doesn’t decide she’s a threat or something.)

Shepherdess219

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I know goats and horses can be besties. (I don’t have experience with donkeys, but assume similar enough as long as the donkey doesn’t decide she’s a threat or something.)
Thank you! Sounds like she has a very nurturing donkey. She cuddles with their dog.

Latest posts