Conditioning calf for a show.

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here's a few photos of my girl, less than a month between photos. I can already see a difference in coat.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Adorable!!

I love hairy goats

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Some hairy goats look awesome (like the buck pic that @OneFineAcre posted trying to get a smooch), others... not so much. I've never really experienced hairy cows, but this one is gorgeous! Best of luck at the show!

Reactions: TAH

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
OK, so just curious... I know you're in FL, but even you sometimes get cold snaps and depending where (how far south) it can get pretty danged cold in FL. I've seen snow and ice both. Anyway... do you let the goats grow out some hair for winter then shave in spring or keep shaved year round?

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK I don't get the shaved goat thing. Other than in the dead of summer why do you do it? I am way too unmotivated for that. Also it's way too cold a large portion of the time. I like fluffy goats. :)

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
OK, so just curious... I know you're in FL, but even you sometimes get cold snaps and depending where (how far south) it can get pretty danged cold in FL. I've seen snow and ice both. Anyway... do you let the goats grow out some hair for winter then shave in spring or keep shaved year round?
Yes, I just have it like that for now. I haven't seen snow, but it gets very cold. What's the point of being 20 degrees if it doesn't snow?

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh and sorry, I meant to comment on the actual point of this thread, which is that calf is so stinking cute! And I don't even like cows. I just want to hug it.

Reactions: TAH

Latest posts