confused on fencing

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
What kind of stuff are you trying to keep out of the goat house? I don't know goats but I would guess that like chickens, ventilation is important including in the winter. I think I'd screen the entire soffit.

Robyn8

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What kind of stuff are you trying to keep out of the goat house? I don't know goats but I would guess that like chickens, ventilation is important including in the winter. I think I'd screen the entire soffit.
The back 4 in soffit we were going to screen. But the front one is pretty big. I was worried rain and snow will get in if we leave it open and just screen it. But I guess we can leave the whole thing. It's hard to see in the pic but it's a pretty huge gap under the overhang we have in the front.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes but that high? We get a lot of drifting, and spots where the wind has blown the snow clear, but it is all at ground level.

Are you talking about the side with the short overhang?

Robyn8

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes but that high? We get a lot of drifting, and spots where the wind has blown the snow clear, but it is all at ground level.

Are you talking about the side with the short overhang?
Yeah I was talking about the side with the overhang. But maybe you're right. Maybe we don't need to close it in.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I have to concur to screen it and leave it open. More ventilation is better. Oh, and I noticed you managed to get the moon in a couple of shots :) You do know that your DH is going to need to replace that bent/damaged drip edge at the corner, right? :hide:smack:gig It looks awesome! He did a great job! The goats are going to love it.

Robyn8

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have to concur to screen it and leave it open. More ventilation is better. Oh, and I noticed you managed to get the moon in a couple of shots :) You do know that your DH is going to need to replace that bent/damaged drip edge at the corner, right? :hide:smack:gig It looks awesome! He did a great job! The goats are going to love it.
Ok maybe we'll just leave it open and screen it. Probably easier! We can always close it up later if we find rain and snow gets in. Thanks for comments!