Considering a DIY saddle...Possible journal.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some people love love the hiliasons, some dont.... hope it works for both of you!

Been reading posts on FB about them, and some love them, some hate them with a fiery passion and others are meh about it.
I had a red treeless pad from them years ago, very well made, w/o the tag, I'd never guess it. So, I'm hoping I luck out with the saddle, too.
If I had $ growing on trees & could trust FB people, I'd get a used Bob Marshall instead. But the possibility of loosing all my $ in a scam is far worse than loosing some money by returning the Hilason & paying restocking fees.

I've had a few different treeless saddles over the years, I hated how it was like riding a pillow...And some of the newer, but still similar style to the pictured ones, are so bulky under the leg. Literally 3" away from the ribs on each side!!! Seat was great, flaps & pad, horrendous.
Oh, red pad is the Hilason, ugh, he's so fat here...
2015-10-29 17.29.13.jpg dd.jpeg

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been reading posts on FB about them, and some love them, some hate them with a fiery passion and others are meh about it.
I had a red treeless pad from them years ago, very well made, w/o the tag, I'd never guess it. So, I'm hoping I luck out with the saddle, too.
If I had $ growing on trees & could trust FB people, I'd get a used Bob Marshall instead. But the possibility of loosing all my $ in a scam is far worse than loosing some money by returning the Hilason & paying restocking fees.

I've had a few different treeless saddles over the years, I hated how it was like riding a pillow...And some of the newer, but still similar style to the pictured ones, are so bulky under the leg. Literally 3" away from the ribs on each side!!! Seat was great, flaps & pad, horrendous.
Oh, red pad is the Hilason, ugh, he's so fat here...
View attachment 62560 View attachment 62561
Mine is a black forest (very well broke in but I LOVE it! very very comfy, doesnt feel like a pillow.) I have a photo somewhere... see if I can upload it.NCM_4592.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts