1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. All of your pig talk got me in TROUBLE!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Contest Time!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Considering getting a couple pigs

Discussion in 'Birthing, Weaning, and Raising Young Pigs' started by rbruno, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Nov 27, 2017
    rbruno

rbruno Just born

I will, but I think I am probably at least a year away. Need to keep researching and build another structure to house the pigs. My "honey do" list has several things in front of the pig pen. :) Next is to research different options for pig pens/barns.

2. Nov 28, 2017
    misfitmorgan

misfitmorgan True BYH Addict

i think whether they get along or not really depends on the horse/s and pig/s.

3. Nov 29, 2017
    arthurrap

arthurrap Just born

I raise a piglet to 200 to 250 pounds every winter with good results for a homestead farmer. The piglet is put into a square pallet structure with a partial pallet roof covered with a tarp. The floor is 2x6 lumber to keep piglets from digging out. They are fed in the morning before other livestock and if there food disappears the piglet will get a second serving. Late in the day will be a second feeding. Very simple with good success rate.

Baymule likes this.