Convention

ChickenPotPie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the numbers. I haven't checked recently. 19,000 would be down for a Convention in the Mid-West. My new vet said Minnesota is HUGE on rabbits. Said their state fair had a tremendous showing. Still, with the recession, it's an okay number. :)

Mea and Heartland, I really do hope that you both get to attend next year -especially since you both have rare breeds!

Mea

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I spoke with a friend who travels to Convention most years. She was telling us about one ,( i believe in KY.) that had about 32thousand entries ! OH MY !! That is a 'large' number of rabbits !!!

She said that the small breeds were stacked four cages high ! Only the Flemish were stacked two high. Gee wonder why that ? lol. One would have an awful time getting one of those out of a high cage !!!:barnie

We went many years ago, once to Madison, WI. and once to Columbus, OH. Had a good time. Learned a Lot. now after this long (15 year ) break... it seems as tho we are learning all over again ! Sure am looking forward to Indy next year !!

Good Luck to those who are going !!! Please let us know how it went for You !!!

RabbitMage

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well, I'm still not going, but someone in Wisconsin ended up purchasing a couple of rabbits from us, so they'll be making the trek from California to Convention with Randy and Allen to get to their new home. I hope they do well!

We started showing rabbits in April 2000, and luckily the very next year the ARBA Convention was held in San Diego and we were able to go. We've only been to a couple since then. Dad and I drove to Wichita in 2003, we did San Diego again in 2009, and dad tried to go alone to Ft. Worth in 2006, but decided to have a heart attack while he was there, so mom and I got to go to that one, too!

We've cut back a bit since dad's heart attack, and mom's forbid him to go to any Conventions outside their insurance area, so we're sticking closer to home these days.

Mea

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
OK.... Everybody back home Safely ?? !

Would love to hear some news from there. I've been amazed that in this day and age of virtually instant news,,, no-one seems to be giving any out ! :he

I've read tha Lionheads passed, blue NZ did not. a couple other new breeds passed their first showing. I really want to hear how some of the other breeds did in adult showing... NZW, Cali, Pals ( of course:D ) The youth seem to be posting their wins... but not the Adults ! Wonder why ? !

Looking at the national weather report... bet everyone is down-right happy to Not be in Minneapolis today ! Close call !

Sure hope everyone had a good time and arrives home safely ! Please post some news !!!

Next year !! Indianapolis !!:fl