Copper Defecient?

pintsofclove

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello, I have two Nigerian Pygmy goats that seem to be copper deficient. Currently I’m giving them a Purina mineral block, what else should I give them?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Copasure is available at TSC. Wrap the pill in some bread and feed it. Mine love bread! Done...for several months. Enough in the bottle for several doses. ;)

Just a note -- goats do MUCH better on loose mineral mixes. They may use the lick but just not enough.

pintsofclove

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Copasure is available at TSC. Wrap the pill in some bread and feed it. Mine love bread! Done...for several months. Enough in the bottle for several doses. ;)

Just a note -- goats do MUCH better on loose mineral mixes. They may use the lick but just not enough.
Ok, I will try out both of your suggestions, thanks! :)

BarnOwl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I hide the copper in bananas, but also use a pet pill gun for one of mine who doesn't like treats. I've heard fig newtons work well, but I don't usually have any on hand. So far I've been giving1 gram per 22 pounds. I put out sweetlix meatmaker loose minerals for mine--it can be kind of hard to find though. I had mine shipped to me.