Corid Dosage Please :)

Tiffany L

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Per my vet they are suggesting that we use Corid to treat/prevent Cocci in our herd. I have the dosing as the preventative every 21 days at 2.5cc per 10lbs. My question - can you tell me what the dosage/schedule is for treatment when a goat actually has Cocci?

Thank you in advance :)

Tiffany L

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I had tried Sulmet and now I cannot find it available for purchase anymore. I had then switched to Baycox (Toltrazuril) 5%, and that did not work at all. The vet suggested Marquis as a 1x route but that is too expensive for me so he suggested Corid.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
not sure what farm stores you have available by you but I found the bottle we have at Farm and Fleet...have you tried on line?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hu Never used Corid before.
Toltrazuril has worked fine for us.
Di-Methox IMO would be far better.
If your vet prescribed the Corid I would ask him/her about it so you are on the same page.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
The baycox didn't work? I'm surprised, we use it and haven't had any issues. Are you sure the dosage was correct and you weighed each goat with a scale before dosing?

My first choice is Baycox, second is Di-methox, third would probably be sulmet but I haven't used it. Haven't used Corid either.
I'd ask you vet.

ETA posting at the same time as SBC

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are the second person tell me that Baycox didn't work. I use it all of the time and it works great for me. Can I ask what your dosing was on the Baycox?

There is a lot of debate on using Corid because of a potential thiamine deficiency that it can cause in the goat. But many people do use it and my vet told me not to worry on a short term basis, but you might do some research before you decide. Administering Thiamine in addititon to Corid reduces the efficiency of the Corid but many people do that too.

When I don't have Baycox I used Di-Methox which will become a prescription drug in 2017 instead of OTC.